April 2015 exam and the October 2014 application

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt267 PE

"1000000 warning points" Club Member
Reaction score
So, for the past month, I've been monitoring my state eng. board's website, waiting for them to post the PE application for the April 2015 exam. It still lists the application for the October 2014 exam. I never bothered to read through it because it might change for the April 2015 exam. Growing concerned that the new application hasn't been posted yet, I started to read the Oct 2014 application and it states that the application deadline for the April 2014 exam was January 1, 2014 and August 1, 2014 for the October 2014 exam. It says nothing about the 2015 exams.

Sooooo, I might have more time to study. I'll have to call the board tomorrow when they open. This is what I get for not being anal and not calling 3 months ago.

I'm not feeling very motivated to study right now. I'm a little pissed, a little embarrassed, and very frustrated.

Well if it makes you feel any better, Ohio still has their Oct. 2014 approved list posted and not the April 2015 approved posted yet.

However I got my letter from Ohio last month that I was approved for April. Maybe they are still issuing approval letters before they post up the list.

http://www.peps.ohio.gov/Exams/2014OctoberPE,PSApproved.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know. The lack of information and guidance is very frustrating. I'm waiting to hear back from the board.

The moral of this story is that it's ok to be an anal engineer and call the board 13E6 times and to never make assumptions.

RI isn't that big, is it? Can't you just go to the state board's office and talk to them? LOL ;)

Just walk on over at lunch, you'll still have time to sit and eat.

I'm a first time applicant and am in the same boat..... Everytime I call they say it is ready for review but hasn't been reviewed yet. They meet around the 16th of each month so i'm not sure whats going on. :-/

I'm a first time applicant and am in the same boat..... Everytime I call they say it is ready for review but hasn't been reviewed yet. They meet around the 16th of each month so i'm not sure whats going on. :-/
What state?

Matt will you be a first time test taker? If not, you may have a shot. Every state is different but for MD first timers had until Dec 18. Repeaters have until Feb 16. MD uses an online application system now. Hopefully your state will work with you. Folks should be back from holiday leave.

I'm a first time test taker.

The board still hasn't called me back either.

Matt.. School of PE - worth every dime of the $1,190 if you don't take it this April. Dimensional equivalencies, proprotions and ratios were 'key' to my Oct 2014 exam pass in Civil - WR&E. Try and relax if you can while studying - I listened to ton's of Jonn Serrie (Ambient Space Music - it's awesomely beautiful and FREE on Youtube) when I was studying - no voices on the tracks. I tabbed my books similiar to the discussions on this board. I passed on my 5th attempt. Don't quit and def don't quit on 'yourself.' Prayer helps alot but so does preparation and a little faith in your abilities going into the exam is good, too. Dont' be afraid - just do the deed. Rudy

I'm actually going through the SoPE course right now. This coming weekend will be the final two days. Some instructors are better than others. Same goes for the notes. But, I agree with you, it's worth the $$.

Back