Hello from SC

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdscottPE

Reaction score
First post here. Just wanted to say thanks for all the helpful resources on this board. My degree is in civil engineering and I've worked in the water and wastewater industry for almost 13 years. I'm a licensed PE in South Carolina, having taken the exam in April of 2009. I took the exam in civil (water resources and environmental), but because I'm a glutton for punishment, I've decided to take it again in electrical (power). My exam will be in April, so I've been at the books. Any tips from those who've gone "dual discipline" are most appreciated. I don't personally know anyone who has done civil/electrical. It seems that mechanical/electrical is more common. The rarity is why I decided to test again.

Passing will mean that I can register another discipline with the SC board. At that point, I'll be looking at comity registration in NC as I'm starting to work more there.

Thanks again for everything. I look forward to joining the conversation.

Hope it worked out for you!
Thanks! It actually all worked out as planned. I passed the power exam in 2015 and have been practicing in both disciplines for a couple of years now. Work has been more fun and it's helped us sell more work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back