California State Specific Exams (Seismic & Survey)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iceman

Reaction score
I thought I'd start a separate thread for California State Specific Exams. Anyone hear anything from BPELS regarding these? Last testing cycle, seismic and survey came out before the national results (in California at least).

Checked my name in the License Lookup, but is not there yet.
Did the same thing myself this morning.

4bfe77f5281eae56a055ddf983816790.jpg

License # 83105 is last issued license number. We should know when they update once the numbers go beyond that.

Based on how BPELS did it with the Land Surveyors, I think they'll release the results and then update license look up a few days later. Hell, it took BPELS a few days after the PS results were released to even put together a word doc that recognized the new land surveyors.

Btw, it must be nice to live in a state where all you have to do is pass the 8-hour exam and boom, you get your license. Hey thanks California for the two extra tests! :redface:

BPELSG released the PS results on Nov. 24 announcing it on Nov. 25 after NCEES announced. The post has been modified on 1st Dec congratulating the new PLSs.

Btw, it must be nice to live in a state where all you have to do is pass the 8-hour exam and boom, you get your license. Hey thanks California for the two extra tests! :redface:

Just take comfort in knowing that reciprocity for California requires taking the state specific exams :eyebrows:

BPELSG released the PS results on Nov. 24 announcing it on Nov. 25 after NCEES announced. The post has been modified on 1st Dec congratulating the new PLSs.
Right, and that modified post on Dec 1 included license numbers, so I'm guessing it took them a few days after releasing the results to assign numbers. Either way, this is taking way too long.

Just take comfort in knowing that reciprocity for California requires taking the state specific exams :eyebrows:
Yea, I guess you're right. I'd take two extra exams to avoid having to shovel my car out of the snow every morning before I go to work. :party-smiley-048:

Does anyone here think the CA state tests were harder than the 8-hour?

I can't speak for October since I only took state specific this time around. For April, I barely failed the 8-hour whereas the state specific exams made me want to become a teacher. The state exams are so unrealistic with solving all those problems in such a limited window. That and the stupid tiny monitors and limited desk space at prometric just pisses me off more.

Surveying seems like it was for me. A lot of diagrams and tables, sometimes not needed to solve the question. That's all I need waiting in those results.

I feel like the survey exam is really difficult to take on the computer. I had to copy almost all the diagrams to my scratch paper in order to figure out the various angles and bearings, etc... The limited desk space at Prometric definitely blows

I'm 100 percent with you on that one. Some of those contour maps questions would be easier if we had it on a piece of paper.

I broke down and called BPELSG...the woman I spoke to said they still have no idea when results will be released. I asked if she thought it would be this week and she said she had no idea. I have a feeling the delay has something to do with the draught... and the floods....

I think they should consider having a booklet for the sketches instead of on screen. having to redraw a sketch just to start solving a problem is not realistic given the 3 minutes per question window

They actually had a booklet the first time they went to computer base exams. The question was on the screen and it will tell you to refer to a drawing on the book. It was a lot of back and forth.

Back