Post here if you didn't...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asha1985

Reaction score
My first time taking the PE. Civil-Structural in Alabama. 49 correct out of 80, with only about 3 weeks dedicated to studying before the test date.

Oh well, there's always next year!

56/80 is the infamous 70% so that's a safe bet. No one knows the true cut score or it's methodology.

56/80 is the infamous 70% so that's a safe bet. No one knows the true cut score or it's methodology.

I was terrified I'd get 55 of 80. That'd be terrible. I at least know, at 49, that I can pass it with more effort.

I copy and pasted the following post from another member in another topic; I think it is also appropriate to be in this section and hopefully are words of encouragement for some of us that still are not PEs.:

thebettersmith

Project Engineer

69 posts

Discipline:Water Resources

Posted Today, 12:32 PM

PE Civil Water Resources and Environmental

Result: Pass Next steps

Date Taken: October, 2014

This was my 5th time taking the PE Exam in South Carolina. I am 61 years of age and I refused to quit. Earlier this year I had a heart attack (mild with a stent - hardly any damage :). I had so many feelings of doubt and worthlessness and watched my peers sail through life as if it were hardly difficult for them at all. I wanted to do this.. I wanted to get this off of me.. this unbearable shame that 'I' felt that I wasn't good enough. I say that to say this to all who don't get this done today.. that it's never over for you UNLESS you quit.. please don't quit on yourself. I'm hardly a role model.. just someone who refused to quit. God bless you folks who passed but even more so for those who will continue the fight. Rudy

::slow clap:: Ruuuudy... Ruuuuudy... Ruuuuudy!

I felt the same way after my 4th time take the FE.

Success is sweet and sweeter if long delayed and gotten through many struggles and defeats.

I was hoping my first post would be passing results but it wasn't meant to be. I failed the Power exam 43/80 :( Back to studying. I will say I'm proud of myself because I'm taking it based on experience and started in August from scratch learning most of what was needed. I only really knew the code stuff well.

I learned one tip in my study course that I thought made the entire course payment worthwhile. I could have skipped every class, just paid for that one piece of information and been satisfied that my money was well spent. If you want to know what it is just let me know.

I learned one tip in my study course that I thought made the entire course payment worthwhile. I could have skipped every class, just paid for that one piece of information and been satisfied that my money was well spent. If you want to know what it is just let me know.
I think the key is spam.
Am I right?

Where have I seen this post before.

Can't see it on my phone, but can we ban him already?

Oh wait, I need to know that precious secret first, then ban him.

I was terrified I'd get 55 of 80. That'd be terrible. I at least know, at 49, that I can pass it with more effort.
Last April, I was one of the unlucky people that received a 56/80 and didn't pass. I studied my butt off and had 250 hours+ of study time in. Want to hear something weird? 3 weeks after the exam, I had a dream/nightmare where I didn't pass by one question. My dream came true! This past October I got revenge and passed.

Success is sweet and sweeter if long delayed and gotten through many struggles and defeats.
My friend said the same thing to me. I don't feel that my success was any sweeter, just a lighter wallet and wasted time. Glad it's finally over.

Back