The famous cut score

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smilestar

Reaction score
I know there have been many threads on this, but since I have been thinking a lot about whether I will make the cut score

or not I thought of posting the topic. I am quite confused about the cut score, most people say you have to score 70% i.e. 56/80 to pass

but 70% is the scaled score, so numbers of correct answers you should have vary from exam to exam from what I understood. Also,

I read they make professional engineers take the exam and the cut score is based on that, is that right?

Thoughts please............

I think if they made PEs take the test, the required "cut score" would be much lower .... know way they are prepared for the test like a true test taker.

hhmm that actually makes sense John, the test has way too much stuff to remember after you take the PE exam.

I think they have PE's (who did well on the exam) come back and look at certain test problems and determine If any need to be thrown out and such....

I barely passed so I won't be asked but friends of mine that have helped have said they look at 20-40 problems at a time...

So, if some of the problems are thrown out what the score 56 really means, I assume its not the number of problems you got correct.

I read on the board some people failed transpo with score 56.

htf_imgcache_38390.jpeg

The cut score is kept in a vault along with the formula for Coke and KFCs 11 herbs and spices

Thanks Ship Wreck, I feel good about 48 :D .

I am just horrified that in April '14 56 score was a fail, not good at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back