want to go fishing?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iwire

Reaction score
Since I am done studying on the weekend..i m planning to go fishing..do you guys fish?

Last edited by a moderator:
Heading to upper copper valley drainages next weekend. Hopefully reds will be hot. They upped the limit so if that's an indicator it should be a strong run.

so i went fishing today at Burke Lake...not much of action...maybe because of the rain prior...where are you guys located?

I'm slowly letting this summer get pissed away (moving didn't help). I am really wanting to get in on some trout fishing in the Rockies... I hear Jack Sparrow type stories of oversized trout that jump on your hook without the slightest hint of bait;)

Same. Working Saturdays coupled with 3 kids has made any fishing virtually impossible

I am taking the week of the 4th off, and I am planning on going several times. They say the cobia are inshore around dog island.

We have a pond in our neighborhood... Locals call it a "lake".

Walking the dog there last weekend there was a guy who had caught one of the biggest carp I had ever seen... Had to be at least 3 feet long of it was an inch....

He was taking pics of it and I asked him why he was taking a pic of a carp? He said he takes pics of all his catches before he releases them.. I told him where I am from even the game wardens advise that if you catch any carp to cut its head of before "releasing" it back into the water....

He then responded that be would never kill a fish... Then I just started walking again......

RG, you live with communial hippies.

Carp can be good eating, but otherwise, they are a trash fish and should be treated as such. They have really ruined the great lakes. Now all kinds of efforts are going into keeping the asian carp from getting in as they are already in the Mississippi River.

Dug out the poles yesterday, going to go try for some Kings after work this week.

Carp make good fertilizer for the gardens, that's about it.

Mini-Dex #1 loves going fishing. He will go with my parents when he's staying with them and will fish for hours. It's really the only thing (besides TV) that will be able to keep him in one place for more than 15 minutes.

& watching fishing on TV is pretty boring also ( to be fair) except that one time Hank Williams Jr was on the Orlando Wilson fishing show, that was funny as hell :D

Back