GA PE Application Approvals / PE Numbers

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madblur

Reaction score
Congratulations to all that passed the PE Exam! I keep checking my application status from the SOS website but the Exam Scores still state they are "Pending". Has anyone had their application approved? Have you been issued a PE number? I'm curious when applications might be approved and what is my next step.

madblur, i'm in the same holding pattern as you. Mine still says pending as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
All of the requirements on the detailed application status page says either completed or not applicable...except for exam scores received.

I sent the SOS an email inquiring whether or not this is normal and if they can provide some kind of time estimate for the approval. I'm curious if they will respond.

I first thought they may have to wait on their next board meeting for issuing PE licenses, but if some already got theirs that must not be the case.

All of the requirements on the detailed application status page says either completed or not applicable...except for exam scores received.

I sent the SOS an email inquiring whether or not this is normal and if they can provide some kind of time estimate for the approval. I'm curious if they will respond.

I first thought they may have to wait on their next board meeting for issuing PE licenses, but if some already got theirs that must not be the case.
Did you get any feedback from SOS?

No, I haven't received a response from the GA SOS. I also contacted NCEES to verify that they did send the results to GA SOS (even though i was pretty sure they did because NCEES released a statement around May 20 stating that the results were released to each state's board for review/approval before releasing results to examinees). NCEES confirmed that they sent the results in their response below:

The way our system works is that the results of an exam are sent to the board BEFORE they are released in our system. We do not release them in our system without the state board giving us the go ahead.

Since your results are released through this system, the Georgia board was already provided with the results. They also have 24 hour access to this system and can retrieve your results at any time.

You would probably need to contact them about their process for retrieving and marking your results as received.

Thank you,
Stef
So, I definitely think we're just waiting on GA SOS. I just don't know why or for how long.

There might be. But my application dashboard with the state still shows "pending" for receiving test results from NCEES.

Crazy you guys haven't received your #'s yet. I would email them a copy of your letter from the NCEES website saying you passed and also send a hard copy via regular mail. Have you called and spoken with anyone at the board's office about the issue?

The SOS Facebook page says this today:

"The Professional Licensing Boards Division experienced a major server system malfunction on June 17th that has resulted in a lingering interruption of service.
We know that this is causing much frustration for our users. The SOS IT Team and our system vendor are working tirelessly to correct the issue and bring the system back up. Unfortunately, we expect this interruption to be the case for the rest of the day. Please check our website Friday morning for further updates. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this causes"

I have noticed their website has crashed a few times while I was re-checking my application status. I haven't seen any changes to my application status, it still shows "Exam Scores Received from Test Administration" is pending just like ATL Derek is experiencing. If we are simply having to wait for a board meeting where they can review/approve our applications, it would be nice for an expected time-frame to be announced. I wouldn't mind waiting so much if I had an idea of how long I need to wait or if I knew what I am waiting on.

I haven't tried sending them an a copy of the NCEES letter, however I feel confident they do have my results. I know several people that haven't received their numbers yet. I have called twice now...both times I failed to get any person at the division of professional licensing number after being on hold for 10+ minutes.

Here are the meeting dates from the SOS website:

BOARD MEETING INFORMATION
Professional Engineer & Land Surveyor Board Date Location 8/12/2014, 9:30 AM Georgia Professional Licensing Boards
237 Coliseum Drive
Macon, GA 31217-3858 10/7/2014, 9:30 AM Georgia Professional Licensing Boards
237 Coliseum Drive
Macon, GA 31217-3858 12/9/2014, 9:30 AM Georgia Professional Licensing Boards
237 Coliseum Drive
Macon, GA 31217-3858​

For more information on this meeting please call (478) 207-2440

I still find it crazy that I received my number the same day that NCEES released the results but some of you haven't received your yet! WTH......

Crazy indeed. I called yesterday afternoon and actually got someone on the phone....just for them to tell me their "system" is still down and cannot give me any information.

Thanks, vic81 and ATL Derek, for the updates. August 12 seems like a long time to wait to be approved or even hear from them, but at least that gives me a time-frame. I looked back at the application status page and noticed the below statement:

"If you divulged an arrest, conviction or board sanction, your application cannot be processed by the staff and requires board review. This review will increase the average processing time."

To me, this implies that if you didn't divulge any arrests, convictions, or board sanctions (which I didn't), the staff should be able to review these applications without board review (which vic81 seemed to have experienced).

I took the PE exam on Oct 25, 2013 in Ga, and I had a PE license number on the SOS website on Dec 6, 2103..

They were smoking last year.

Have you guys had any luck yet? If not, check out the SOS's facebook page - they have some info and numbers to call.

FYI - a response from my post on FB - give them a call.......

• Vic81 Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp any update on the outage? I know of several engineers that passed the exam but still haven't received their Lic #s yet.
    3 hours ago · Like · 1

• Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp Mr. V if you could kindly message us with your contact information we will contact you immediately. If you are unable to do so right now, please give Kayla Young a call at your earliest convenience and she can assist you further. Direct Line - (404) 657-4596. Thank you.

Vic81 thanks for the info. I called Kayla yesterday and she was going to look into it. She is part of the "front" office in Atlanta and did not have direct access to the application information. This morning I called the "back" office in Macon and they couldn't tell me anything either as they claim the system malfunction from a few weeks ago has not been resolved. Perhaps we should re-apply and take the test again....it may be a faster option.

Back