Easiest State to obtain PE by Committee?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justinp

Reaction score
I live in Cali and passed my national exam, but elected to hold out until fall to take my seismic and survey exam. In the eyes of several other states I'd have my stamp, but not Cali there special.... So here is my conundrum. First, I work for the fed government (currently NPS) which is great, but live in the hell hole of the Central Valley, not so great. Second, any job with the feds I'd be interested in requires a PE (any state they don't care). So, in case a good job comes up between now and this fall (when I take and hopefully pass the seismic/survey exams), it's got me thinking...and hence the question - What's the easiest state to obtain PE by Committee?

Arizona took me 3 months from the date I mailed in the forms to the date I was assigned a license number. The process was seamless but, how I understood it, they have to wait for board meeting to mass-approve the comity licensees.

I live in Cali and passed my national exam, but elected to hold out until fall to take my seismic and survey exam. In the eyes of several other states I'd have my stamp, but not Cali there special.... So here is my conundrum. First, I work for the fed government (currently NPS) which is great, but live in the hell hole of the Central Valley, not so great. Second, any job with the feds I'd be interested in requires a PE (any state they don't care). So, in case a good job comes up between now and this fall (when I take and hopefully pass the seismic/survey exams), it's got me thinking...and hence the question - What's the easiest state to obtain PE by Committee?
Not sure what you mean by "committee" did you mean comity?

I am told that the process is very pain less in Arizona. If you have passed the 8 hour national examination, I would get licensed SOMEPLACE, ANYPLACE then take the California 8 hour seismic and surveying exams as you see fit. You get a double win this way-- A. You have a PE license, someplace. When you pass the 2 California State specific exams, now, you are licensed in California and the other state. Go for it.

I believe he means comity, not committee.

I am told that the process is very pain less in Arizona. If you have passed the 8 hour national examination, I would get licensed SOMEPLACE, ANYPLACE then take the California 8 hour seismic and surveying exams as you see fit. You get a double win this way-- A. You have a PE license, someplace. When you pass the 2 California State specific exams, now, you are licensed in California and the other state. Go for it.

I believe he means comity, not committee.
Solomonb, how long does it normally take to get Texas license by comity? I know you may have insights. Thanks

If you don't have any record problems, then it is normally less than 30 days. If you have a record problem-- whatever that might mean, then they have to resolve whatever deficiency(ies) there might be before you are licensed.

By the name you use here, do you have a record problem? I guess that you applied in Texas, had a record problem, took and passed the 8 hour PE test elsewhere, got licensed elsewhere and now wish to become licensed in Texas? How far am I off? Let's assume that I am NOT OFF, the question then becomes, did you get whatever record problem Texas had initially resolved so that there are no additional glitches?

Back