PE Stamp NY

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Locchamp1

Reaction score
I can't seem to find a lot of information regarding getting a PE stamp in NY other than the requirements on how it should look. Can someone tell me in NY how do you get a PE stamp or where in syracuse my and does it have to be raised seal or just stamped? Thanks

Check-out the advertiser's link on the main page, regarding stamps. I looked at it and that's probably where I'll order mine. You've got a couple of weeks anyway. NY still needs to Iissue you a number.

Not sure about NY but the Ohio Professional Engineering Society has a link on their page showing where to get the stamps from.

Might want to look there as well

Everyone I know in NY, including myself, uses an ink stamp but I don't think there's a particular requirement. I know that NJ has to be a raised seal.

Does anyone know when the NYS Professions will update their website / records with new licensees?

The office of professions website says to check back in 4-5 weeks for postings. I wonder if they continually update in any particular order (alphabetical for instance).

NY appears to be up to ~093700 as of today. I'll be checking to see how many get updated on a daily basis. It looks like two numbers were issued today.

NY appears to be up to ~093700 as of today. I'll be checking to see how many get updated on a daily basis. It looks like two numbers were issued today.

The ball is rolling. Looks like ~30 new numbers issued (so far) today.

Day 2. Hopefully we see 150-ish new issuances today. Looking forward to it.

Buffalo, thanks for the tally on new issues per day. Any idea if these are newly minted PE's or existing PE's applying for out of state licensure in NY? I need to check and see if in the past they have trickled in a few at a time or if it was a mass update to the NYSED OP list.

The website is still listing a 4-5 week lead time so I suppose we may have to wait a couple more weeks.

The NY Office of Professions is rolling again today. My credential was finally posted this morning.

About 45 were posted yesterday. They have already exceeded that number this morning which brings the weeks total to ~200.

Based upon the state's labor statistics, about ~1100 get issued annually. So I figure they'll have to update about 400 or so. My guess is that issuances will be completed by Friday.

Issuances have really slowed down. The office may be completed with their processing. That would take the grand total to 257. That number seems light to me. Has anyone in NY not been posted on the web-site yet?

Back