ncees posted passing rates

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope some of that is incorrect, they show repeat test takers for the power section as 0%. Not encouraging when I am retaking the october exam. :poop:

http://ncees.org/exams/pe-exam/

image.png

I hope some of that is incorrect, they show repeat test takers for the power section as 0%. Not encouraging when I am retaking the october exam. :poop:

Where do you see 0% for power? That's for Computer Engineering. I see 36% for power repeat takers.

crazy number

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see they finally broke up the pass rates for the 3 different Electrical & Computer exams. Probably due to the numerous inquiries about doing so, I asked them to do this myself. Maybe one day they will break up the rates for the different Civil and Mechanical tests too.

Environmental is way down this year, from 63 to 51. Wowzers.

Glad to see they finally broke up the pass rates for the 3 different Electrical & Computer exams. Probably due to the numerous inquiries about doing so, I asked them to do this myself. Maybe one day they will break up the rates for the different Civil and Mechanical tests too.
Though it's interesting that even after doing so it appears the pass rates aren't that radically different, at least for first time takers. (Admittedly, the repeat taker pass rates are all over the map.) Having taken the Computer Engineering exam myself, I had wondered If it was something of an "EE PE Lite" compared to the "real" EE tests of power or electronics. Based on the pass rates, however, it appears the Computer Engineering exam is every bit as rigorous.

Similarly, having seen that last year the pass rate for Software Engineering in Texas was 100%, I wondered about its rigor, but these stats make the Software Engineering exam look pretty challenging as well.

These pass rates "appear" to be about normal for the PE exam. You can go to the Texas PE board and review the results for each exam, by discipline and administration location in Texas for the past 10 years. I have made charts from some of that data when I am talking about the PE exam. I argue that Texas is a representative sample of candidates who take the PE exam, so I don't think that there is any statistical bias contained in that data.

Another factoid, Texas has about 59,000 registered PE's, second behind California, with about 88,000 PE's.

These pass rates "appear" to be about normal for the PE exam. You can go to the Texas PE board and review the results for each exam, by discipline and administration location in Texas for the past 10 years. I have made charts from some of that data when I am talking about the PE exam. I argue that Texas is a representative sample of candidates who take the PE exam, so I don't think that there is any statistical bias contained in that data.

Another factoid, Texas has about 59,000 registered PE's, second behind California, with about 88,000 PE's.
where did you found those numbers? CA has a population of 37253956 but out of those 88k, how many are RPE?

Back