After PE Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilikespe

Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard that ncees passed someone but state did not approve it. DE says that they have to approve pe licensure application and examinee will hear next steps. What would approval mean?

Probably nothing to worry about.

They likely just go through the list another time, make sure you got the experience, the passing scores, and make sure there is no lingering issues, like they needed follow info like clarification of your experience from yourself and / or endorser. MAybe even a quick background check, make sure you didn't land the company car in someone's living room the night after the test.

I would think there is about a 1/1000000 chance that they would deny licensure to somebody who went through all the stuff to be eligible to take the exam and then pass it.

Relax, celebrate, spam the 100k, and worry not. You passed!

I have heard of that happening, but it was about 15 to 20 years ago. Guy got approved, passed the exam, then the State questioned his references and wanted proof of a structure he designed.

Very rare occurrence though, and in the age of emails, pdf's and instant communications, approval to sit means your are all set if you pass.

I do have all the references and experence as stated. However last guy which endorsed me did not want me to take days off for exam. I took them anyways because i planned on taking the exam and day after exam i got letter saying do not come back. I am minority it seems days i requested three weeks ago were lost by company and boss did not give it to me. It seems like discrimenation not to give day off. I really hope that after what i went through i get license.

I showed endorser copy of requested days off and i wss told to resend one week ago before exam because they were lost and then deny the days off again.

I showed endorser copy of requested days off and i wss told to resend one week ago before exam because they were lost and then deny the days off again.

If your reference changes their story and denies experience which you in fact have, in this context wouldn't that constitute perjury? If not that, then I still feel you should have some legal recourse. They can't just do that if they're mad at you for not showing up to work. Especially since you took the day off to take the PE exam! What better excuse is there?

I do not know what he would do but i do have that experience but he may say i am not good enough just becausr he can he is white and many times told me it is what i want and it is all about me not about you. I was told i am puney. He is intimadated by me. I just hope it works out so that i can show him you are not alone there are others out here too. You cannot clap with one hand it takes two. One bad apple.

Hungry Guy-- Get off the discrimination focus. You are a different race than your boss-- OK. You asked to take time off, you submitted your request, as you were directed and was denied the time off. You were subsequently discharged for failing to follow instructions. Was this discrimination? I don't kniow-- perhaps that could be logically and rationally argued. Of course, I can rationally and logically argue that disobeyed the instructions of a superior as well

NOW, get out and find a new opportunity. Go with a positive attitude. When the question arises on why you left your previous job, you "were just seeking other opportunities." Say no more-- that says it all. If the previous boss is called-- he will most likely say that you were employed from XXX to YYY in the job title of ZZZZZ. If he says anything more, then you get into libel issues.

As sadly as this transpired, this may be the best deal in the world for you. I am indeed sorry that it happened this way, however, ,there is a better opportunity out there, go find it.

It is not about another oppertunity it is about post pe exam post #1. Oppertunities sre a ton.

In AL, my snail mail letter stating that I'd passed the test also mentioned that the state board had approved my application for licensure. The "next step" for me was to send them $25.00 so they can send me a license receipt with my license number. Upon receipt of that I will be officially able to practice the dark, mystical arts of engineering - at least as far as the state of Al is concerned.

In my case person who endorsed me i left in not good terms. I am not sure what will happen. I am hoping i get my license. I do have experience but can an endorse say they endorse me then say no i do not anymore because of all this.

Sounds like DE take the qualification review after ncees exam. But if you mean re-review, that might be just audit type stuff. The likelihood would be the sampling rate multiplied by the reciprocal of your references multiplied by the chance the boss says bad on you. How slim is that? I might be too dumb to see what's to worry...

As stated by Solomonb, I don't see that was discrimination either - just unpleasant tense between supervisor and employee which can happen between minor and minor or between major and major too. My view and I am a minority as well.

Be positive, reapply using other as reference if the minimal chance hits you. Enjoy the PE passing instead!

I do not know what he would do but i do have that experience but he may say i am not good enough just becausr he can he is white and many times told me it is what i want and it is all about me not about you. I was told i am puney. He is intimadated by me. I just hope it works out so that i can show him you are not alone there are others out here too. You cannot clap with one hand it takes two. One bad apple.

He is jealous. I am in the same boat. I am up to speed with the people in the department. Once a bit of limelight is off of them, they get pissed. They're the pro the people come begging to for solutions. Now there's another big fish in the river.

Intimidation tactics are a sign of weakness. You may think they're being strong, but that a true sign of weakness.

If you go on to another job. Be happy. Better than being miserable for decades to come.............

I know someone who got fired like 6 times. Every time he got another job, it payed more money.

Back