New Jersey Results are Out!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passed! 2nd attempt Mechanical - Machine Design.

PCS still says pending, but NCEES is updated

Passed! 2nd attempt Mechanical - Machine Design.

PCS still says pending, but NCEES is updated
Can you give a shout out when PCS is updated...

The Jersey State test is only a PCS test...
Sure thing, currently still says "Eligibility sent to NCEES" but I'll keep my eye on it

I never thought I was superstitious, but I printed out the NCEES result just in case I jinx it and PCS says failed or something

glad to so many of my NJ peeps passed. Give a little back to the site and donate so we can continue to help others.

Hey guys, I'm looking for some direction/guidance/help here. So, I just found out I passed the PE in NJ, however I am just now hearing about the NJ Law Exam. I took the FE in a different state, which may explain why this is new to me.

The PCS site states that the deadline to return the test book and answer sheet is May 30th (one week from tomorrow)... I don't have a test book or an answer sheet. I don't recall ever having one.

Am I screwed? How screwed? Can I receive the test book/answer sheet, answer it, and ship it back to them in a week? If not, will I need to wait until the next testing cycle to complete this process?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated

The law exam is pretty easy in and of itself so completing it on your part shouldn't be too difficult. The wildcard is gonna be getting the PCS to send it out today, even if you call them first thing which I suggest any other way. You may have to pay an additional fee, I don't recall as I took the law exam when I took the FE in '09. In the event that they do get it shipped out today and to you by early next week, complete it immediately and send it back expedited (overnight mail).

Good luck.

If you don't remember registering, you probably aren't getting it. First you should check your PCS website. It should have all the application and test data for the law exam, with all the check boxes. If all you see is the PE, then you aren't registered.

They offer the law exam almost all the time for those getting a NJ license that already have one in another state. You need to register for it and pay the $20 or whatever fee is these days. If you are taking it in conjunction with another exam, PCS will mail out the test and you can download the reference material from the NJ Board website. PCS usually gives 3 to 4 weeks to receive it, complete it and mail it back. I had to take it for the Surveying exam and I got it in mid March and it needed to be returned April18th. If you fail it, or don't return the test by the deadline, the only option is to take it are at a testing center. Since you passed the PE, once you receive the paperwork, or email from the NJ Board congratulations, they should have directions for how to set it up.

To give you some idea of how easy it is...I finished it about 15 minutes and got a 95%. I should have gotten a 100%, but all you need is a 70% I think.

If you don't remember registering, you probably aren't getting it. First you should check your PCS website. It should have all the application and test data for the law exam, with all the check boxes. If all you see is the PE, then you aren't registered.

They offer the law exam almost all the time for those getting a NJ license that already have one in another state. You need to register for it and pay the $20 or whatever fee is these days. If you are taking it in conjunction with another exam, PCS will mail out the test and you can download the reference material from the NJ Board website. PCS usually gives 3 to 4 weeks to receive it, complete it and mail it back. I had to take it for the Surveying exam and I got it in mid March and it needed to be returned April18th. If you fail it, or don't return the test by the deadline, the only option is to take it are at a testing center. Since you passed the PE, once you receive the paperwork, or email from the NJ Board congratulations, they should have directions for how to set it up.

To give you some idea of how easy it is...I finished it about 15 minutes and got a 95%. I should have gotten a 100%, but all you need is a 70% I think.

Thanks a lot, I appreciate the info. I'm already playing phone tag with PCS, I'll keep this thread update with my progress in case anyone else is in this same situation.

How long does it take to assign license numbers so my boss can look me up?
with the license application forms to be sent, completed, submitted, lost/misplaced by the state board (really) about 4 to 6 weeks

Back