Donate

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sapper PE LS

Aspiring Couch Potato
Reaction score
Road Guy won't ask you as blatantly as I will. He's too nice sometimes. Road guy pays for this place out of pocket, and every year he's owned the site he's taken a loss. He gets some advertisement revenue, but it doesn't cover the hosting costs. When traffic spikes, his monthly rate goes up. He's currently paying around $5000 per year on this site, and earns about $4500 per year so he's operating it at a net loss of $500 (ask him for specific numbers if you really want to know). However, if number of users spike too much this year it will go from about $5000 per year to about $7500 per year because we have grown so much that the average number of users is getting really close to tipping the scale to the next price bracket.

There are only four options if that happens if people don't donate.

1. Close the board.

2. Sell the board.

3. Require paid memberships

4. Increase advertising cost (which might lead to reduced advertisers and thus render this option void)

You folks spend thousands of dollars on your exam preparation. How about throwing 20 bucks to the site that gave you a place to vent, ask questions, and wait for results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excuse my lack of knowing, but how do you donate bc I'd like to. This site has been a great encouragement preparing for the exam and waiting for results.

I think your credit card has to be registered with PayPal before you could make the donation. So just a heads up use your PayPal account directly if you have one.

Donated. Thankyou. CC went thru without having a paypal account, so hope it goes to the right place.

Gladly helped put in my part. This site is run extremely professionally and a great resource for anyone studying for this test. I will recommend this board (and donations) to anyone I know interested in taking the test.

Keep up the good work guys!

So when you donate, do you become a member? You guys that have been here awhile, do you donate yearly?

Thanks

First of all, thanks everybody for donating. Second yes there are some perks for donators. I'm not sure what they are. You donate once you become a supporting member for life... Or something. RG is the guy to answer all those questions.

First of all, thanks everybody for donating. Second yes there are some perks for donators. I'm not sure what they are. You donate once you become a supporting member for life... Or something. RG is the guy to answer all those questions.
The main perks are Karma!!

I joined 2 months before the exam for $25.00,

and I passed on the first try and got a 20% raise.

Full member donation and got a snazzy window cling. :)

Thanks for an awesome site. It was very helpful getting me prepared and passing the PE.

It's a great site. $25 a year is nothing in grand scheme of things. Do Road Guy a favor and say thank you by donating.

Back