Admit who you are!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

power plantin

Reaction score
Ok, Who went OCD on themselves and checked the NCEES or state board site for results over the weekend.

Admission in the 1st step to heaing..................

I fought the mild temptation.

Also, just curious whats riding on your test. Promotion, hope to get a better job, must get PE by job, etc.........

For me, I work in field engineering in both commissioning and operations and maintenance of power plant controls and relay protection. Looking to get back into more indepth design work and to head back towards mechanical engineering.

I checked yesterday, and again today. And I checked this board. For anything. Anything at all. Knowing full well that nothing can possibly happen over the weekend.

WHY am I so desperate for my results? Honestly, rationally speaking, it really isnt of much consequence. I might use a PE to negotiate a raise but I deserve a raise at mid-year anyway regardless. I'm in consulting and I've already blown through my revenue and sales goals for the entire year, and it's not even June. So really, I'm desperate just because I like having goals to work towards, achievements to celebrate. Plus I worked really hard preparing, and I really don't want to have to do it all again.

I have not checked NCEES yet. I took it in NJ so I figured I might as well wait until I see everyone else getting their scores before I bother destroying my F5 button since NJ will be one of the last ones.

I've not checked the board or NCEES this weekend. Just keep looking on here for some entertainment while kids are napping. I am in consulting with a small firm. Passing the PE would allow me to become a partner with the firm.

I haven't checked my scores with Ohio (Almost afraid to know).

My reasoning for doing this to myself is purely goal setting and wanting to do it just because. I'm a controls guy but decided to do HVAC because well having only one shot per year sucks but if I don't pass I will certainly take the controls PE exam in October.

I truly DON'T want to do this again...

I check not because I have any belief the results will be there but because I'm a creature of habit and I check every day... just because you never know, you might get lucky.

Reasons for taking PS are purely a personal goal. I don't need it, it's just something I've always wanted to have alongside a PE and since I've worked in surveying along the way, figured I'd get it.

Seriously, I know the SE will not come out till next month. Yet I still check daily. I do enjoy the PE release antics though, especially when snobum starts populating the map.

Definitely looking forward to the map. Then we know results we will be close.

This is going to be the week! I can feel it!! Looking forward to everyone getting their results and lighting up the results thread.

I'm hoping that having the PE will increase my chances of getting a better job. I'd like more responsibility in a healthier environment. I just hope that it's good news

I am a basket case. I check NCEES and this board several times per hour when I am awake. I created an application shortcut on my work computer and a shortcut on my phone home screen.

I cannot take the anxiety anymore. As we get closer to the 41 day mark, my doubt gets worse. I've been losing my breath when I think about it.

My job will not really care if I pass or fail, but at some point I will be expected to pass. There isn't really an occupational pressure at this point in my tenure with this company. All of this pressure is coming from me. I put my family through a lot by taking time to study, and I've spent a lot of money on class, books, and whatever else would make this process easier. I really just don't want to let anyone down. My family does not really need me to pass, but if I don't I feel like they'll see me in a different, not so good light if I fail.

Though I didnt check the NCEES website, I did check the engineering boards forums every time when possible, just to see if someone had any word about the results. Yeah OCD it is , and I admit it!!!

Don't worry about it.

I passed the EIT in Oct2013 and I still check NCEES to see my results. I guess I want to make sure they didn't change their minds.

I avoided it all weekend, checked PCS (tested in NJ), NCEES and this board before 9am Monday morning.

I'm acquiring a PE for a few reasons, it's basically a necessity in my field (designing machinery for movable bridges) plus I'm due to receive a pretty solid raise.

I didn't check NCEES over the weekend, but after reading this thread I immediately did!

I know there is a lot riding on the results and I know everybody is anxious, but these folks seriously get like thousands of chats, calls, emails every test cycle asking the grown up engineer equivalent of "are we there yet". It might actually make results notification faster if we all just stopped calling and bugging them and let them do their job... just a thought. I know the temptation is too high, but think about it.

Instead, go spam the VTEnviro Memorial 100k thread. It really does take your mind off the wait, even if only for a short time. Just post mindless nonsense, tell a story, offer up advice, whatever, just get that thread to 100,000 posts before results come out. We are currently sitting at about 60k, need to knock off a few thousand a day and we'll have this thing nailed. It's the epitome of a time waster... and it boosts your post count.

http://engineerboards.com/index.php?showtopic=23294&page=1215#entry7183772

Last edited by a moderator:
When that thread really gets rolling, it's pretty exciting. You can see hundreds of posts tick off in minutes. You make one post, immediately make another and like 20 other posts have popped up in between your two. That's the way to get this thing to 100k, and that's the way to forget about results. Don't worry, you won't be fired, chances are your boss was there a few years ago doing the same **** thing.

I checked this morning and resisted the temptation to check over the weekend. Other than the test's obscene cost, if I fail, I won't be able to take the test again until next year April. I have a wedding that I have to attend in October that is on the EXACT same day as the exam. It's rough sitting around, refreshing this forum and the NCEES website for any small tidbit of information.

I also have to wait for the results of the two special civil exams in California. The wait is UNBEARABLE!

When that thread really gets rolling, it's pretty exciting. You can see hundreds of posts tick off in minutes. You make one post, immediately make another and like 20 other posts have popped up in between your two. That's the way to get this thing to 100k, and that's the way to forget about results. Don't worry, you won't be fired, chances are your boss was there a few years ago doing the same **** thing.
I actually would be asked to leave if I were to fail the PE, even though it is my first try...

That's some pressure, huh?

And I did not check over the weekend, but do check several times a day during the week...

Back