Hey There Everybody!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moeatwa

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

The name's Moe, and I'm proud to be one of the newest additions to the community here. I'm a Materials Engineering major who graduated in June 2013, then spent a year of futile application to Nanotech masters programs around the world (I love the field- If ever there was a nanotech groupie that thought that nanotech was the best thing since sliced toast, I am he :D ).

Got accepted into a lot of pretty decent schools- KTH, Rutgers, Tokyo, etc. but I simply wasn't able to make ends meet with funding (I come from some very humble means). They way I see things, I'm good enough to get in, just not good enough to warrant a scholarship. (3.5 GPA, 160/170 Quantitative GRE,120/120 TOEFL iBT, etc. BUT no publications, less-known school, etc.)

Because of the time that I sunk into Masters applications, I haven't gotten around to working yet (I'm hoping you guys can help me with that!)

I came across Engineerboards just yesterday when I was looking for ways to prep for the new FE Computer-based Test- I thought it might improve my chances given all that I've been through so far.

Specifically, I came here wanting to know whether School of PE or Testmasters would be the better prep course for the new CBT.

I look forward to learning and interacting with you all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the club.

I took School of PE for the last paper exam in October 2013. I was very happy with them. I don't know how much they changed the course for the new format though.

You might want to check out PPI's new FE review site (http://feprep.com/) it looks like it's all geared to the CBT format.

Welcome, stick around, and good luck with the studying.

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I'll check PPI out!

From what little internet-sleuthing I did yesterday, I felt that the attitude towards SOPE and TM were really high-spirited whereas PPI was considered a second-contender. The tables might've turned with the introduction of the CBT though, so I'll be sure to wait (but not to long) to see how the most recent recipients of FE certification went about their studying.

Look at engineerintrainingexam.com. This is a good program, I have suggested it to many-- the program is rich and will get you started down the path. Get started-- you can do this.

Most of us, probably a majority of us have come from very, very simple, humble backgrounds, i.e., read no money and POOR. It becomes a challenge, but not an impossibility. Don't give up-- if you want a master's in Nano, keep looking. You have good test scores-- get your FE, get a job,save some money and get going. Always look forward, looking backward does nothing-- as I said, many of us came from humble backgrounds-- we all pushed forward-- you can as well.

Back