Geotech PM exam April 2014

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttf5003

Reaction score
This was my first time taking the PE. The morning was pretty much what I expected it and I'm hoping for 35/40.

The afternoon geotech really wasn't anything like the practice exams I took and I was caught off guard. I'm hoping for 25/40 but I'm worried it might be closer to 20. Has anyone on here taken the geotech PM more than once? Was this spring's exam comparable to the others or was it out of the norm?

Thanks

Same here. It was also my first time taking it. I was feeling great after the morning section.....and then came the afternoon. I had to skip at least 10 or so and come back to them later. After reworking the exam in my head 5 or 6 times over the past few days and looking things up, I'm pretty sure I missed most of those. That's not counting the ones I struggled with or didn't but maybe still got wrong. My score estimate is about the same as yours but I might put my PM score a little lower. Hopefully I squeaked by.

I didn't really feel like the practice exams I worked were a good representation of the actual test either.

The thing that drives me nuts, is I can remember the ones I missed or struggled with in almost perfect detail, but can't remember a thing about the ones I knew. Weird.

Good luck!....too us both

The thing that drives me nuts, is I can remember the ones I missed or struggled with in almost perfect detail, but can't remember a thing about the ones I knew. Weird.
That is exactly what is happening to me. So when I go back through the list it looks like I got a majority of them wrong, even though I can only remember about 20 in the first place.

Hi all,

my experience in after noon session for geo -technical was the same , I thought I am doing different exam than geo .

all questions are far from what I studied it is not a matter of difficulty but it is unexpected at all .

how you study some thing and you found completely different in the exam ?

we are familiar with NCEES test exam but the actual exam for the same NCEES was far than it.

all questions are far from what I studied it is not a matter of difficulty but it is unexpected at all .

how you study some thing and you found completely different in the exam ?

we are familiar with NCEES test exam but the actual exam for the same NCEES was far than it.
Yep. Of the three NCEES practice exams and various others I took, the actual test was very different. It's like they knew everything I studied for or have experience with and then decided to use the opposite for the test......which maybe they do. I'm sure they are well aware of every single practice exam out there. Hopefully I'm just dwelling on the ones I know I missed and got enough of the ones I can't remember right to scrape by.

The morning Civil PE exam I thought was relatively easy. I only doubted my answers on 4 questions. The afternoon Geotechnical exam was difficult for me. There were more conceptual questions than I had anticipated.

Back