Regarding NFPA 90A

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shixiangnan1002

Reaction score
I've only looked at MERM and NCEES sample Qs so far but haven't found a single question that needs NFPA 90A to get an answer.

Can someone help me understand how this little book helps in the PE exam? what kind of question might be asked regarding info in this book? Looks like it doesn't have any formula or table or figure for calculation use.

Thanks a lot.

Mike

The only thing I can think of, making assumptions and not being familiar with that particular code (I'm taking the MD depth and thinking this would be for HVAC depth), is that a question would be based on knowledge of what the code states and not an actual problem involving calcs. The NCEES and 6MS sample exams have similar type questions, if you are looking for an example.

I don't remember a single question regarding NFPA 90A from when I took HVAC. I think questions from that code are rare and not worth focusing on if you aren't already familiar with the code.

I don't remember a single question regarding NFPA 90A from when I took HVAC. I think questions from that code are rare and not worth focusing on if you aren't already familiar with the code.
I agree with sycamore. I took the HVAC portion and the only code related stuff I remember were readily accessible via the ASHRAE books.

Back