100 Books to read in a Lifetime

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
****...i'll have to read the list at home.

I saw an article in the paper about the list with a picture of the book the little prince, so I assume that is on the list. Does it count if I have only read that book in french?

I counted 26 I've read, most of them school related. Not too bad considering I almost never read without requirement.

I've only read twelve...and I read like a mofo.

Last edited by a moderator:
A Wrinkle in Time - Read that a few months ago. Read it first about 22 years ago. YIKES!

Goodnight Moon - Read that thousands of times (literally) to my boys. Well past memorized.

A Brief History of Time - Read the first 50 pages of it on a swim team trip and then put it down. Need to read the whole thing.

I have The Power Broker sitting in my office. It has been there for at least five years.

read 14, watched 2, started but never finished the book on tape of 1

if I had been in the accelerated English for all of highschool instead of just part of senior yr the book count would have been higher...like closer to 22 read

Last edited by a moderator:
read 12, watched 2, started but never finished the book on tape of 1

if I had been in the accelerated English for all of highschool instead of just part of senior yr the book count would have been higher...like closer to 15 read

A number on the list were books I was supposed to read in HS, but did not, on general principals (I read like a maniac, even back then).

I'm shocked, I don't read very much any more but I've read 11 of those. I tried to read Great Gatsby but I wasn't able to get through it so it doesn't count.

I should read The Right Stuff. Liked the movie.

^I really liked the book, read it for Aerodynamics class in college.

Keep in mind Wolfs' writing style is somewhat geared to form over function, but this book suffers much less from it than some of his others.

I have read 38 of those, but I rival Capt when it comes to reading.... as a kid the deal was Dad would take me to the library once a week, but out of the 7 books I was allowed to get, he got to pick one of them and he always went for something classic or non-fiction...

can't believe how the red fern grows isn't on the list...b

although they tried to make the list with modern books too, just not the oldies and goodies

I take that back, 16 of the 100 amazon lists, I clicked on the customer list the first time by mistake. That one I've read 26 of.

Back