Pennsylvania Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psucivil23

Reaction score
All of the other states have one, we might as well too (instead of reviving one from last year with 8 pages).

Post any updates for PA here (and results when we get them).

Geez, my stomach just went into knots thinking the results were out. This waiting sucks.

Per the state website, the next scheduled State Board meeting is Jan 8. I do not know if the law requires the Board to approve the results, and if so if there are ways to approve the results outside of this meeting.

With that being said, the Oct 2012 results were released after the board meeting occurred. Again, I do not know if there is a connection. Also, last years results were issued to the states on Dec 19. This years results were issued Dec 5.

Sorry engncpa...I figured that would happen to a few haha

Near as I can tell, no board meeting is required as I have checked back through several exams and can find no consistency of a board meeting occurring prior to releasing the results.

I just emailed them regarding the board meeting. I will post the answer when they respond.

April 12, 2013 results released May 22 (40 days) on June 6 (55 days) so if we go with the same schedule that puts us at a release date of Dec 19.

Ok. You're citing the date that NCEES released the results (5/23 http://ncees.org/about-ncees/news/pe-results-have-been-released-to-state-boards/) to state boards and I'm guessing 6/6 is when PA examinees actually found out the results.

Hopefully you all get results before the holidays, but using dates from the spring will not necessarily correlate with the fall. Here is my past experience from taking exams in PA:

PE Civil (4/24/09) - Results on 7/6/09 by mail (73 days); License # on 8/6/09

SE Vertical (10/28/11) - Results via email on 1/6/12 (70 days)

SE Lateral (4/14/12) - Results via email on 6/19/12 (66 days, 67 days for those who took SE Vertical the day prior)

I recall one recent anomaly when one of my coworkers took the PE Civil on 4/8/11 and actually received results on 5/26/11 (48 days). Must have been a fluke...

This is what I just got from the PA board:

"Thank you for your recent email. The Board does not need to approve them at their Board meeting. Unfortunately, the Board does not have an exact timeframe when this process will be complete. You will receive a result letter from PCS when it is complete and when NCEES releases the results, you can view the results on their website."

So there is hope to get them before January.

This is what I just got from the PA board:

"Thank you for your recent email. The Board does not need to approve them at their Board meeting. Unfortunately, the Board does not have an exact timeframe when this process will be complete. You will receive a result letter from PCS when it is complete and when NCEES releases the results, you can view the results on their website."

So there is hope to get them before January.
Thanks for biting the bullet and making contact. I was very concerned that we would have to wait for a board meeting so this is good news.

Thanks engncpa...as expected, PCS is the issue here. Just makes no sense why some PCS states come out and others do not.

Who is going to be the one to contact PCS? Haha...apparently people from VA actually rec'd responses.

I just got off the phone with a representative from PCS inquiring about VA results. The lady indicated that PCS had received the final scores yesterday, and are in the process of updating each candidate's profile.

She also indicated that the NCEES website for each candidate would be the preferred place to look when results are posted. PCS website will have the results too but she made it sound like there would be a slight delay if you were only checking PCS website.

Sounded like we should be receiving them very soon given the tone of the conversation.

I know I just read that some people from VA have results on NCEES and PCS...my guess is that since you were speaking about VA and not PA that you may get yours and we won't see a thing...

Results for VA have not been posted. A guy mentioned that someone from PCS said they should be visible on NCEES; however, they are not on any of the websites.

Still waiting.......

Ahhh...weird. Well at least you guys are getting answers...I'm debating making a call just b/c I'm curious what response us PA'ers get.

I had emailed them last week and got a curt response that it will be 2-3 more weeks as stated on their website and per the candidate information it takes 8-10 weeks from the exam. I haven't followed up since 12/6.

Back