Hello All! Looking for morale support and a cure for my terror...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I M A PE

Reaction score
Just kidding, although I'd be lying if I said I'm not a little intimidated preparing for this test. I'm going to sit for the mechanical: mech. systems and materials test after being out of school since '99. I'm joining this board hoping to find some resources and one on one advice about specific practice problems. There are areas I'm very strong in so I'm happy to help and there are areas I'm weak in (thermo).

The thought of doing the exam can be more overwhelming than doing the exam itself. I sat the exam after coming to the US to live 30 years after sitting my last engineering exam and made the Civil at the 2nd attempt. (54/80 the first time). As VTEnviro opines, just plug at it a day at a time; it is not impossible to achieve the desired result. It can be done and has been done!!!

^Agreed, when you stare at this big picture, it's overwhelming. Once you break it down topic by topic and go over a few concepts at a time, it's not so bad. I did get to a point maybe 4-6 weeks before the exam where I felt burnt out and needed a couple days off to reload.

Back