Cheers! I'm the new kid on the block!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chichi_von_b

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!!

I completed my BS in Civil back in '07 and have been working for a private firm (A&E) performing a variety of design, CM and PM tasks for Class I railroads - quite a different turn from my college emphasis, which was water resources/environmental!

I'm currently killing my work-life balance as construction engineer on an extremely tight time-budgeted railroad bridge project - and trying to motivate to take and pass my PE!!

I've already seen plenty of helpful information from a variety of folks on here - but I'd specifically like to read some helpful hints from those who managed to pass the national and CA PE tests (first try!) while busting their humps at work 60+ hours and managing a bit of family life!

Good to be here and look forward to chopping it up with you all!

scorpion3_JamesJean.jpg

Welcome, you'll find lots of good advice in the technical forums. I took a different exam years ago and don't know a thing about the CA exams, so no help there.

As for the life balance stuff, there's no good answer there. You just gotta put aside friends and family and anything like a social life aside for 4-6 months and hope they are understanding and supportive.

I study when people are asleep! So I go from about 3:30 - 5:00 am, then from 10 - 11:30 pm....sleep is sooooo overrated LOL. And plus I study on lunch breaks. It sux....but doable. Just remember it's temporary!

Back