Is your signature legible?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarjamman

Reaction score
My signature is not that legible but you can clearly make out my first and last initials. My boss writes his name in fine cursive and I have seen a few other professionals sign documents with grace, others in the office have a signature that looks like someone was having a stroke while signing.

That being said, as a professional, is your signature a crafted artwork of your name or just a scribble that you jot down? Does one reflect better than the other? I am wondering if I should try to revamp my "John Hancock"

The only letter in my signature that would be recognizable is the first letter in my first name.

mine didn't use to be very legible, and then I got a job where I sign tons and tons of papers every day and over time its much better

Mine is pretty legible and the readability does change some depending on the document being signed.

Nothing legible about my signature, but I've also not been asked to sign very many official documents.

Mrs Dex on the other hand has a very pristine cursive signature...

I like Flyers response. Its never legible, but worse at times. A debit card receipt is the worst (I cant stand the electronic pen thingy so I go the extra mile to make it bad), but the one on my stamp looks pretty cool (I think).

I like Flyers response. Its never legible, but worse at times. A debit card receipt is the worst (I cant stand the electronic pen thingy so I go the extra mile to make it bad), but the one on my stamp looks pretty cool (I think).
mr snick doesn't even try on those things...he just makes squiggles or signs capt morgan or some other nonsense

You can read the first letter of my first and last names and you can tell there is a y at the end but other than that its a squiggle. I agree that the electronic pen thing is the worst, on those it looks like a toddler signed for me.

Can't read mine at all.

Then again I sign stuff pretty much every day.

First letter of first name is legible, first letter of last name looks like a big #7. Everything else is a jagged mystery.

Back