SE Exam Results?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krissy012

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten results yet for the SE Exam? I know PE results have started being released this week, but I am assuming results for the SE exams will take longer.

Thanks!

SE Results are out.

/>http://ncees.org/about-ncees/news/update-on-october-2012-exam-results/

Just A quick question if you pass the vertical only, can you be licensed as SE? or you need both vertical and lateral passed to get an SE? I'm just curious, I'm planning to do it this April 2013.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just A quick question if you pass the vertical only, can you be licensed as SE? or you need both vertical and lateral passed to get an SE?
No. With the new exam, you have to pass both parts to pass the exam as a whole. However, you can pass each part in separate administrations of the exam.

Just A quick question if you pass the vertical only, can you be licensed as SE? or you need both vertical and lateral passed to get an SE?
No. With the new exam, you have to pass both parts to pass the exam as a whole. However, you can pass each part in separate administrations of the exam.
Yep. I think I was close on the Lateral, I had 28/40 and 2 acceptable, 1 improvement required, and 1 unacceptable.

results released in NC as well.

Passed vertical.

Failed lateral- 29/40 in the morning, 2 acceptable, 2 unacceptable.

Can't say I am too displeased. Would have liked to have passed both but am hopeful I can knock it out this spring.

Passed vertical. Failed lateral with 26/40 and 2 Acceptable, 1 Unacceptable, 1 needs improvement.

At least I can concentrate on lateral studying for the spring.

Congrats on passing vertical tictac, jlkells, & bootlegend!

One down, only one more to go!

Seems like lateral is the butt kicker. Congrats, seems like a rough exam.

Exam First-time takers Repeat takers SE Vertical Component 43% 30% SE Lateral Component 25% 16%

Although NCEES website didn't updated the description, but the numbers are changed and I believe these are for the Oct, 2012.

I just took the lateral which felt much tougher than April, 2012.

Still waiting to hear....! Those low numbers for lateral are not encouraging, but I guess I'll find out soon.

results released in NC as well. Passed vertical. Failed lateral- 29/40 in the morning, 2 acceptable, 2 unacceptable. Can't say I am too displeased. Would have liked to have passed both but am hopeful I can knock it out this spring.
What is tha passing score in the AM? With a score of 29/40, did you atleast clear the am?

Back