Perhaps I missed it, but what was the pencil color for Oct '12?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having lurked around here in the lead up to the exam I was under the impression that we got to keep them, however a proctor all too zealously plucked it from my table as I was packing up my references :mf_Flush:

THat sucks! THe pencil was the first thing i packed when I took the exam...its one expensive pencil.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly don't know what happened to my pencil. Unfortunately, I didn't find eb.com until after I took the exam, so I didn't realize the importance of my mistake until it was too late.

When I took my exam in 2010, we were actually told to leave the pencil behind. After taking an 8-hour test, I had the mindset of "I'm taking this with me and anyone here is welcome to try and stop me." LOL (the color was light blue, btw).

When I took my exam in 2010, we were actually told to leave the pencil behind. After taking an 8-hour test, I had the mindset of "I'm taking this with me and anyone here is welcome to try and stop me." LOL (the color was light blue, btw).
LOL! Good job kf!

I'm confused, there seems to be some reports of a blue Oct '12 pencil and some reports of a green Oct '12 pencil. Which is it? :)

You guys might remember my framed pencil thread: http://engineerboards.com/index.php?showtopic=18334

Mine was dark green--i actually have two of them from the exam! Was afraid i lost them, as they were in my bag of books & whatnot in the back of my truck, which was flooded during sandy. I was able to get them back though!

Speaking of pencils, I was going through some old boxes from college and came across 2 really old green NCEES pencils. They had lower-case ncees printed on them. Only thing I can think of is that they were one of my roommates and they must have gotten mixed up in my things when I moved out. Perhaps their value was unknown at that time. I know I hadn't given them much thought other than it was just another mechanical pencil.

There were pencils used in the exam? Seriously, weren't they just a standard graphite color?

Dark Green in Florida. I think I would've judo-chopped a proctor if they tried to stop me from taking it.

someone has got to make a table to track all of this!

I took the FE in Spring '06 and PE in Fall '11.. I believe both were red

Back