Preferred Desk Chair?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rktman

Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone uses for their all day desk chair. I'm talking to us office slaves who have to sit for 8-10 hours. I've seen some people using an exercise ball but it looks a bit goofy. I'm just trying to avoid the stiffness and lower back pain. Thanks.

I've been told my chair is pretentious and off-putting.

20030214.jpg

I wave my hand dismissively and say, "Bah!"

Doesn't matter about brand but get a chair rated for that length of time. I forget what the term is but they have designations for the chairs used 8 hrs a day. And dont spend less than $200. Its your butt and back we're talking about here.

THe date stamp on the bottom of my desk chair says 1985 (or 1983 the ink is a little worn). I bought a back support thing called Kiss my back from bed bath and beyond for like $9.99 and it has helped my back emensely.

No chair needed. Get a standing desk! I "converted" about a year and a half ago and have really liked it. I did spring for an anti-fatigue mat, though.

Ha, I've seen that one before (and that's what I think of when I see someone on the "ball").

Where did you get your standing desk?
One I made by repurposing a drafting desk frame with a new top and another I bought out of a catalog. My only requirement was that I was able to put a monitor on it and that I could adjust the height (because I wasn't sure what was going to work).

we have the herman miller aeron chairs. Well worth the money; they are comfortable and super adjustable. Most importantly, they don't break or reduce in performance over time.

My chair is absolutely atrocious. My boss has a beat to death pleather chair, but it's firm and has the perfect curvature to the back. I need to ding out health and safety people and see if I can weasel a new chair out of the budget due to my persistent back, neck, and shoulder problems.

Back