Pennsylvania results are out!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dexman PE PMP

Internationally PMP'n his PE-ness
Reaction score
The mega-million lotter winning numbers are: 37, 39, 42, 53, 55 with a 22 powerball for an estimated jackpot of $14M.

I really hope I won!!

Good luck to all those still waiting on results. While it sucks now, it will be a distant memory soon enough, and in the grand scheme of things is such a relatively small wait time.

Thanks for the heads up! I need to go check my lotto ticket. :thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the point of this?

"it will be a distant memory soon enough, and in the grand scheme of things is such a relatively small wait time."

If we do a quick calculation and use October 26th as the retake day for those that failed. Then we take the May 30th date which most of the states let people know of whether they passed or failed, we can estimate that time period as being about 148 days. If we then subtract 25 days which would put us in the last week of June for PA testers to find out if they need to retake the test, that results in 123 days.

A person in 49 states other than PA get ~148 days to prepare for the Oct 2012 Exam.

A person in PA gets ~123 days to prepare for the Oct 2012 Exam.

That gives the PA person 17% less time to prepare. Relatively small? I think not! :(

There's nothing stopping you from studying now...

The point of this is to help you guys lighten up a bit. Results will come when they come.

Who studies for 148 days? I studied for 2 1/2 months and the first two weeks was me sitting in front of the TV with the CERM in my lap. Start studying now if you are that worked up about it.

Looks like the bandaid has finally been pulled off on this one. Congrats to all the new PA PE's!!

Just a general observation. Do you think all the new pe's have been added to the license database? Only about 160 names were added to it. That seems real slim.

Just a general observation. Do you think all the new pe's have been added to the license database? Only about 160 names were added to it. That seems real slim.
How were you able to search the list for new PE's specifically? (BTW I passed and my info appears in the database with my license listed as "active", and in fact the activation date is the same as the date of results notification from NCEES).

This may be misinformation so take it with a salt factory, but during my review course in early Spring one guy mentioned that there were only ~200 candidates sitting for the PA Mechanical exam. If the number of examinees was similar for your discipline, 160 names might be accurate depending on the pass rate for your state and discipline.

How were you able to search the list for new PE's specifically? (BTW I passed and my info appears in the database with my license listed as "active", and in fact the activation date is the same as the date of results notification from NCEES).

This may be misinformation so take it with a salt factory, but during my review course in early Spring one guy mentioned that there were only ~200 candidates sitting for the PA Mechanical exam. If the number of examinees was similar for your discipline, 160 names might be accurate depending on the pass rate for your state and discipline.
I remember reading posts for the PA results for the October '11 exam stating the license database was updated prior to receiving the NCEES notification. Through trial and error I found the most current license number the days prior to our results. I knew if there was a vast update on a given day that would be the day our results were released. At the end on the day on 6/12, through trial and error again, I found the last PE number updated that day since the license numbers increase sequentially.