I feel GOOD!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humner

Reaction score
Well, after much pain and heartache, I actually feel that I passed. How do others feel that they did. Remember, on this or any other forum, you don't release any test information. :wave2:

I left feeling confident. Hopefully I am happy come 10-12 weeks. I am sure most like me are ready to move on from this exam. Taken over my life and home.

Welcome to phase 1 of the post-exam emotional roller-coaster.

Phase 2 (second-guessing) will start to set in over the next few days. You will start to forget small (but important) pieces of the exam and forget how you answered the question, but will remember just enough so that you keep trying to re-calculate the answers in your head. You will slowly begin to convince yourself that you got it wrong.

Phase 3 (worry) will follow within a few weeks. At this point, you've convinced yourself that you've missed a few problems, but you *should* still be ok.

After worring for about a month (we're now within a couple weeks of results at this point), you'll jump into full blown doubt (Phase 4). You are now certain that you missed way too many questions to stand a chance at passing.

Many people begin to formulate ways to calculate the cut-score. This is a sub-Phase that can happen any time between Phase 2 and Phase 4.

Once you've lost hope of passing, you'll move into Phase 5 (anger) over the fact that it's taken way too **** long to grade a simple scantron and the guys at NCEES are morons for taking so long. I mean, really, 6-8 weeks to feed a scantron into a f*ing machine, COME ON!! Another source of anger stems from all of the "Not this **** again" and "Don't try to calc it because it's worthless" responses to all of your cut-score posts.

Finally, you'll hit Phase 6 (results). Each person reacts differently at this point whether they passed or not, how many times they've taken it, financial implications, expectations, etc. Regardless of how the results come out, at this point you will find that the CAB of your choice is very welcomed to either celebrate or cry into.

All we can do to manage these feelings is to fully participate in the eb.com post-exam thread (typically the 10k, but may be different this year).

Good luck!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Once you've lost hope of passing, you'll move into Phase 5 (anger) over the fact that it's taken way too **** long to grade a simple scantron and the guys at NCEES are morons for taking so long. I mean, really, 6-8 weeks to feed a scantron into a f*ing machine, COME ON!! Another source of anger stems from all of the "Not this **** again" and "Don't try to calc it because it's worthless" responses to all of your cut-score posts.
And the best part (for us) of phase 5 is how we get to watch you flip out on the people for posting fake exam results threads on EB.com. :D

Phase 2 (second-guessing) will start to set in over the next few days. You will start to forget small (but important) pieces of the exam and forget how you answered the question, but will remember just enough so that you keep trying to re-calculate the answers in your head. You will slowly begin to convince yourself that you got it wrong.

Phase 3 (worry) will follow within a few weeks. At this point, you've convinced yourself that you've missed a few problems, but you *should* still be ok.
Looks like I'm right on schedule!

To get @ the OP, I left feeling very good, so I'm trying to keep that thought in my head. I finished both sections with time to go back and review my work. I think everyone will always be iffy on a few, but I feel pretty good about most that I answered and didn't have to just randomly bubble any due to time. I don't want to jinx myself, but I'm feeling pretty confident still. Hoping I didn't get answers they listed because I made a common mistake.

Gonna be a long few weeks...

I feel good, too. I'm not letting myself go into phase 2 if I can help it!

If you pass do you just get a "Congrats, you passed" letter? I know you don't really get a score if you fail but you get a report showing how you did vs. others taking the exam. Do you get the same thing if you pass?

If you pass do you just get a "Congrats, you passed" letter? I know you don't really get a score if you fail but you get a report showing how you did vs. others taking the exam. Do you get the same thing if you pass?
Based on what others have said on the forum, in most states, you only get a pass letter if you pass. I believe Texas does provide you with your score if you pass or fail. Most states, however, don't provide any sort of diagnostics if you pass. This is my first time taking, so I can't speak specifically about my state though.

I'm 50/50 on it as well. I wasn't expecting the questions on the afternoon portion so that really threw me for a loop.

My blanket response to the typical "Well, how did it go?" is:

"I will tell you in 10 weeks". I'm forcing myself to avoid all phases until the results, then I can celebrate or be angry.

I did finish both sections with time to spare, but that doesn't really mean anything. Here's to the longest 70+ days :sucks:

Man! I'm on phase 2 now. If we all feel confident after leaving the exam, then that means we all did pretty well ergo, the cut-off score will be high!!! Serenity now! Serenity now!!!

This should probably fall somewhere under Dex's phases around 5.5 when you start worry about how thick the envelope will be based on whether you passed or failed. There are entire threads dedicated to this exact topic.

And if you care to go searching, there is another thread with the previous wait times for every exam date by state...enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:

After worring for about a month (we're now within a couple weeks of results at this point), you'll jump into full blown doubt (Phase 4). You are now certain that you missed way too many questions to stand a chance at passing.

Many people begin to formulate ways to calculate the cut-score. This is a sub-Phase that can happen any time between Phase 2 and Phase 4.

Finally, you'll hit Phase 6 (results). Each person reacts differently at this point whether they passed or not, how many times they've taken it, financial implications, expectations, etc. Regardless of how the results come out, at this point you will find that the CAB of your choice is very welcomed to either celebrate or cry into.

All we can do to manage these feelings is to fully participate in the eb.com post-exam thread (typically the 10k, but may be different this year).

Good luck!!
Too funny!

Can they really make the cut off score extremely high? The highest I ever heard was 55 for Transportation. I feel like I got at least 60 right on this test. 30 in the morning and 30 in the afternoon-Transportation. Good luck everyone.

Can they really make the cut off score extremely high? The highest I ever heard was 55 for Transportation. I feel like I got at least 60 right on this test. 30 in the morning and 30 in the afternoon-Transportation. Good luck everyone.
It was 55 in the fall and I think 53 last Spring. So I'm assuming it will be in that range again which gives me some hope. I know I'm on the border. One thing I learned is to be humble. I came out in the fall thinking I passed it with time to spare and I got a 53. One thing is don't get worked up about the posts here. People coming in here saying the aced the morning and PM are not a real sample size. If I had to guess, I would assume the passing will be 54 or so this time. I know of one question in the pm Transportation that should be thrown out because the answers they gave and the way they asked the question wasn't specific enough.

Back