need to find a software engineering refrence text

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmann

Reaction score
I'm taking the computer engineering PE at the end of the week. I still don't have a computer engineering reference text and most of the PE questions in this area are of the trick question variety. My Schuam's outline for software engineering is leading me down the route of trickery for these questions. I need something specific and clear for reference.

It also needs to be something I can buy on amazon and get fast and reasonably priced.

Any suggestions?

for software engineering, yes. The software engineering questions in the practice exam are about the business processes of doing software engineering....

writing specifications, software testing, etc. None of these things are laws of science. I need a book that represents the gold standard that contains the business processes that the NCEES exam will aggree with.

I used Object Oriented and Classical Software Engineering by Stephen R Schach when I was preparing for the PE back in 2010. I found it to be very helpful. It was also easy to read.

I hope this helps.

Brian

THank you. I just found a copy and will take a look at it.

I can't edit posts!?!

Anyway, this is a really good reference text. I highly recommend it. The first chapter answers most of the software engineering questions in the sample exam.

Back