PE Results - Electrical (Power)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcronbo

Reaction score
Anyone with fail results on the Power exam? Curious to see some numbers while I wait for NCEES to fix their website.

I passed the October '11 Electrical - Power exam.

I failed it this past April with a 48/80 score.

I failed again 49/80. I improved by one pt. Didn't do too hot on Instruments and Measurements, and the three T&D subject areas. No matter how hard I study, I still couldn't improve my score in those areas, any one have tips on those topics as far as books?

Also, I had sold some of my books to a fellow EB member because I thought I was surely going to pass this go around. Oh well, back to studying and agonizing over my failure.

Congrats! I'm curious what the passing score was. It seems that Electrical had a pretty low passing rate this year (61% for first timers), yet there are very few failing scores posted here.

i had 48/80 in April. sitting here anxiously awaiting (hopefully) better results in Illinois.

October 2011 PE/Power Passed, lucky for me the first time. I also took the FE - Electrical in October 2011 which I think may have help strengthen my EE basics. :)

Passed on the first try. Studied everyday for about six months after the EIT, got side tracked for a year and a half, then started studying again six months before sitting for the PE. I'm glad that I don't have to study for that anymore. Congrats to everyone that passed and sincere condolences to those who did not. Don't give up.

Failed the PE Electrical-Power first time taker (49/80). I need to take a review class. Any help? I am really not happy with myself. Should have taken this exams more seriously. Anyone with suggestions regarding review class or study material? Thanks.

Its look you were very close to passing score (might be shy of 3-4 points, I did not see anyone failed with 53 in EE-Power).

Last edited by a moderator:
Failed with a 46/80. Thinking about taking the PPI online review course which is $1400.
/>http://ppi2pass.com/electrical-pe-power-review-course-perepo-online.html

Has anyone taken this? It comes with a guarantee which I found odd.

Failed with a 46/80. Thinking about taking the PPI online review course which is $1400.

http://ppi2pass.com/...epo-online.html

Has anyone taken this? It comes with a guarantee which I found odd.
Take the GaTech prep course. It's like 900 bucks and it's - 35 hours of videos. It is really relevant. I did a lot of research and people said the PPI course is just a discussion forum similar to this one. The guarantee is that you can continue to enroll in the course for free.

Back