I am new to Engineerboards

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

che66che

Reaction score
I just found out I failed my Oct 2011 exam. I am looking for a study partner if anyone is taking the Chemical PE exam in Columbia, SC and I am interested if anyone has a sample Chemical PE exam by NCEES before the Nov. 2010 revision I can purchase one. Thanks, Teresa

Any word of wisdom of studying tactics ? I got 50 out of 80 corrected and I already looked over my diagnostics. I am going to come up with a plan how to attack my weak area. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Teresa

practice problems, practice problems, and more practice problems.

There are a couple of Chem E's here, so feel free to ask if you are having trouble.

Welcome to the board Che66. Don't get down on yourself, I know some amazing PE's that failed the test their first time. Study your diagnostics and take some time to reflect back in detail on your exam day. What areas were trippin you up the most and what areas did you feel were easier then you thought they would be. Jot down a list and use it to develop a study schedule that focuses in on your weaknesses, but don't ignore your strengths. Probably pretty obvious, but I feel even now in the job world, when I fail at something, say a presentation or whatever, I seem to learn a lot when I take the time and reflect back, it makes things easier to organize as I prepare for the next.

Also, snickerd3 is on point...problems and more problems. Just immerse yourself in to solving and your mind will absorb to an amazing capacity. You will become more fluent and efficient with your time as well, which are invaluable come exam day.

Anyways, welcome to the site, I expect that you will find some great value here.

Take Care...

Just want to tell you how much I appreciate your advice !!! Justin & snickerd3

Yes, I am going to come up with a study plan and come back to ask for more questions !!!

Make my day !!! Thanks so much !!! Teresa

che66che

I just received my results and I passed, And I believe that it was bc this website. I really read a lot of advices from the members and I think this was really helpful.

And I believe everything is about preparation and I agree with the comment above ' study ''smarter'' '. Since the calculators, using the right books and the how you deal the physical stress during the exam. And if I passed so you will.

theres a lot of us here who needed that 2nd time to pass (myself included)!

this place came to be cause some of us were studying and needed some moral support!

Che66,

You got it, any time you need to bounce ideas, thoughts, or just vent, don't hesitate to reach out. As Road Guy states, there is a positive vibe around this site that allows for an effective place to roam and find the support that you need to get through whatever exam you are preparing for. Knowing that you aren't the only one going through what you are going through goes a long way in helping you dust yourself off and get back at it. Stay connected and the positive mindset that "you will" pass the exam. Take care.

Back