photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jayman_PE

CERM 12 Edition Missing Pages

6 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased the new 12th Edition of CERM as I begin preparation for the April 2012 exam. While perusing the text I noted pages 36-11 to 40-4 missing, essentially missing four chapters! Important Ones too - Shallow Foundations, Retaining Walls, Piles/Deep Foundations, Excavations, etc. Yikes. I'll contact PPI to inform them, but just want to give everyone a heads up because I'm certain my book is not the only one.

Thanks,

Jason

I just checked my copy; printing number 1; 12th edition. I don't have any pages missing that I've been informed of. I had loaned it out for the October session and the individual brought it back with no complaints or concerns.

PPI should make it right. Good luck.

Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased the new 12th Edition of CERM as I begin preparation for the April 2012 exam. While perusing the text I noted pages 36-11 to 40-4 missing, essentially missing four chapters! Important Ones too - Shallow Foundations, Retaining Walls, Piles/Deep Foundations, Excavations, etc. Yikes. I'll contact PPI to inform them, but just want to give everyone a heads up because I'm certain my book is not the only one.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason, where did you buy yours? Did you buy it new or used?

I bought mine new from PPI.

I contacted them and they are making it right - a new text is enroute as we speak to my home address.

thanks,

Jason

jason,

I am also going to appear for April 2012 PE Civil/Structural PM. Did you receive any reply from PPI regarding the missing pages. I hven't purchased CERM yet.

Also if you are also appearing for structural PM , can you tell me what reference books you are planning to buy?

Josh

jason,

I am also going to appear for April 2012 PE Civil/Structural PM. Did you receive any reply from PPI regarding the missing pages. I hven't purchased CERM yet.

Also if you are also appearing for structural PM , can you tell me what reference books you are planning to buy?

Josh

Hi Josh,

Yes, they did respond immediately and corrected the problem. I just returned home from traveling this week and sure enough a new book was on my doorstep with all pages included. I can even keep the old one!! So if you need a new CERM wih almost 4 missing chapters I can get you a deal....

I am taking Construction.