Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yrefla

So say you haven't started studying and the test is 2.5 weeks away...

8 posts in this topic

So totally hypothetical situation here guys, I swear.

Say the PE test is on Oct. 28th and it's Oct 12th what would be your course of action?

General outline I'm thinking is quick review of the topic areas to get a good list of basic equations to reference quickly. Follow that by marking reference table for commonly used sections/graphs/tables. After that going straight to working problems. Figuring 1-2 hours on weekdays and 4-6 hours on weekends including Fridays.

Any other suggestions for a quick ramp up of studying? Specific recommendations appreciated. Please skip comments/rants about how studying should have been started months ago, it's not helpful. Thanks!

photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif

I'd just start working problems and tab the books as you are working through the problems...you will find certain sections you reference a lot. This will give you more time to work problems.

Good point, thanks for the tip.

I would definitely spend more time working problems than doing a cursory review of topics. Knowing the topic is one thing but being able to properly use the equations to solve the problem is another. It'll also get you used to the timing of the exam (6 minutes per problem) and how to index your reference materials so you can quickly find what you are looking for.

Study 12 hours per day every day, or plan to take the test next time.

2.5 weeks + 6 months to the next exam = 26.5 weeks to prepare for the next exam.

But, with faith, all things are possible.

yrefla, how did you do?

I found myself with only 2 weeks to prepare too, I basically gave up and ended up only spending a total of 16-18 hours studying and somehow i passed...