photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Road Guy

help us debug board update

256 posts in this topic

found anything that works better? worse?

I have to say the search is 100% better

we will get the layout nailed down, so give us time, i have to remember how to speak html!

also apparantly avatars dont exist, they took your personal photo and made that your avatar

they have something called a gravatar? "Global Avatar?" seesh...

WOW! Different look. so far so good.

I managed to get my old av back. My old personal photo seems to have vanished though. My impression so far is that the aesthetics suck (I know you're just getting started on making it pretty) but I'm liking the functionality.

Are the ads supposed to be so gigantic? In Firefox, it's directly under the new EB logo, and it looks like it may as well BE the logo.

Looks like there are problems with how quotes are being displayed as well. Take a peek in the college football thread.

RG,

Just found that I have a Moderators CP link. I do not know if that is your intention or it is a mistake. I did not have that on the old look mode.

Definitely not digging the new arrangement...

better than yesterday...still need to play alittle more

the go to last unread post function doesn't seem to be working for me.

me neither.

As with most software these days the additional graphic content really slows down the basic functionality.

I'm with VT. I understand it's the 21st century and all, but I think the simplicity of the previous layout was far superior. I'm also wondering if the new board software will have any impact on the filters at work and consequently block it for me.

I think everyone wants the message boards to look like facebook :(

I think I can fix the go to last unread post thing though....

It's getting a lot better with every tweak. The functionality is still there, it just looks a lot different. I don't really mind it, and probably won't remember the old one once I get used to this.

man I just got to work and we have a really old IE and it looks god awful with an old browser...

Can I change the color scheme? I'm having a hard time reading the dark text.

I'm looking forward to some new themes... are you thinking of a custom theme or are you going to use some off-the-shelf ones? The upgrade is certainly a good idea and we'll need to be patient as the last bugs are worked out.

As badal pointed out, the current theme is pretty hard on the eyes.

Bug report: The poster information (photo, status, # posts, gender, location, discipline) isn't showing up under the poster name (far left) which wastes a fair amount of space.

Now might be a good time to add an EB favicon to the board... it's currently the default IP.Bard icon.

Bug report: The poster information (photo, status, # posts, gender, location, discipline) isn't showing up under the poster name (far left) which wastes a fair amount of space.

I can see them...well, not the avis, but the rest of it.

man I just got to work and we have a really old IE and it looks god awful with an old browser...

It does look better on Chrome.

I didn't write that right... they're showing up, but they're not under the name. They're inside the post and on top of the quotes.

I didn't write that right... they're showing up, but they're not under the name. They're inside the post and on top of the quotes.

Not to me. they look just like before except they are centered and the personal quote is now above the avi.

BTW, for some reason, it is looking better in IE...

Not to me. they look just like before except they are centered and the personal quote is now above the avi.

BTW, for some reason, it is looking better in IE...

I'm using FF 7.0.1. Looks fine in Chrome, though. Anyone else using FF?

Not to me. they look just like before except they are centered and the personal quote is now above the avi. BTW, for some reason, it is looking better in IE...
I'm using FF 7.0.1. Looks fine in Chrome, though. Anyone else using FF?

I am, and it looks just like you are describing. I just logged in in Chrome and it looks fine. Not sure what's going on.