Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kenny911

Types of problems to expect

4 posts in this topic

I've been doing a lot of transportation problems lately from various sources (Goswami, NCEES transpo book, Testmasters, and 6 min solutions). The degree of difficulty varies. NCEES and Goswami are reasonable while Testmasters and 6 min solutions can get tough and confusing. If the problems are like NCEES and Goswami then I'm very confident. If they are like the hard 6 min solution problems then not so sure. I guess for the people who have taken it, is the ncees sample problems a good representation on the types of questions on the test?

NCEES practice problems are pretty much spot on. The 6min solutions are typically designed to be a little more difficult and thought provoking. Basically, if you can rock through the 6min solutions, you will be prepared for the toughest problems on the exam.

I've been doing a lot of transportation problems lately from various sources (Goswami, NCEES transpo book, Testmasters, and 6 min solutions). The degree of difficulty varies. NCEES and Goswami are reasonable while Testmasters and 6 min solutions can get tough and confusing. If the problems are like NCEES and Goswami then I'm very confident. If they are like the hard 6 min solution problems then not so sure. I guess for the people who have taken it, is the ncees sample problems a good representation on the types of questions on the test?

This comes up a lot. In my opinion, only the NCEES practice problems correctly reflected the exam's level of difficulty. Everything else were not 6 minute problems. Do them anyway, just don't get discouraged if you can't finish them in 6 minutes. Good luck.

Thanks for the info. I have been working on 6 minute solutions so I will definitely finish them up this week.