photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
STEEL MAN

CRANE MANUFACTURERS ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA

16 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anybody here has a copy of this manual in pdf? please PM me I will give you my email address, I need a copy Im designing cranes now for a some projects.

photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif

Really?

yes Capt Worley, do you have a copy of this, Im doing this on the side, as contract work, he ask me to do a research on this, these cranes are used in the Oil and Gas industries in Canada.

Please do send me PM if you have this.

Dude, why don't you BUY a copy?

Sure I will, so where can I find them?

A good start would be to contact the organization.

Sheesh.

I was wondering if anybody here has a copy of this manual in pdf? please PM me I will give you my email address, I need a copy Im designing cranes now for a some projects.

Sure I will, so where can I find them?

I just want to make sure I understand you. You're asking for a copy of a manual that you don't even know exists, so you can learn how to design a crane, to do some side work for the oil and gas industry.

ok. Well, based on the title of your post, I say here would be the best place to start looking for the potentially non-existant manual. According to my quick google search the CMAA is a subset of the Material Handling Industry of America (MHIA).

I just want to make sure I understand you. You're asking for a copy of a manual that you don't even know exists, so you can learn how to design a crane, to do some side work for the oil and gas industry.

That's the way I understand it.

Must be working on Deepwater Horizon II for Solyndra.

well thats why i asked it here, he was asking about it and I dont have any clue, i never design cranes in my 16 year of cvil/structural practice, anyhow thanks for your reponses.

I believe there is a General Engineering subforum for topics like this. I don't see how this is related to the Civil PE Exam.

STEEL MAN likes to stick things where they don't belong.

maybe it is just me, but isn't a PE supposed to work within what they know? how can you be designing a crane and who is going to be checking your calculations? I can understand working with someone who is competent in crane calculations and learning from them, but to go in blind, someone could get hurt.

I'm pretty sure that "I think there's probably some book somewhere that I might be able to get somebody to send me that should have some information about how to design a crane. Yeah, that should work.", just isn't the best response in this situation.

You have to consider the source. Some folks would risk it all for phatty money.

No the pay wasnt good for that job, I just wanted to learn new things. They are currently building the structure. I designed it and did a lot of research. Thanks for all the responses guys.

I just wanted to learn new things.

What could possibly go wrong, right?

Hey guys, I've been looking to dabble in some nuclear facility structural blast design for kicks and grins. I heard there's a manual called "Radiation n' Sh*t". Any idea where I can find it? Not important, but I've been designing residential rain gutters up until now - any other primers to get me up to speed? Otherwise f*ck it, I'll just wing it. Balls to the wall, amIrightoramIright?!