NFL Football 2011

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DVINNY

2-time 10K winner
Reaction score
I got my tickets in hand as of yesterday.

45 yard line club box for STEELERS-Seahawks home opener. :D

:tt:

Steelers looked good against the Panthers last night, but don't know if that is saying anything.

I just signed up for my an office pool that started in my FIL's office and has expanded to include friends, relatives, etc. There's about 50 people already signed up and the season is a week away.

I also got the Direct TV guy coming to install that today, meaning I'll have the Sunday Ticket package, which should be sweet.

Only game I'm going to so far is KC-Pats in late November on MNF.

Watched the bears preseason game last night...they didn't bother with HD feed. That sucked!!!! The game was ok it will be interesting to see who gets kept and who goes.

We'll try and go easy on all of you this year. :th_rockon:

green-bay-packers-wallpaper-super-bowl-champions.jpg

Meh, we have third string Tebow. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Fixed.

08/23/11 - QB Tim Tebow won't be the starter, and he might not be the No. 2 quarterback in Denver. Yahoo Sports even reported, citing team officials, that Tebow was called the "fourth-best" quarterback on the roster based on performance on the field. "If everything was totally equal, and this were a competition based only on performance at this camp, Tebow would probably be the fourth-string guy," the source told Yahoo's Michael Silver. "Kyle (Orton) is far and away the best, and Tebow is way behind (Brady) Quinn, too. And I'm telling you, Adam Weber is flat-out better right now." Tebow was recently paid $6.7 million by the Broncos as part of his rookie contract. It remains a longshot that he'll be traded or released.
No smoking allowed. ;)

The Broncos paid him too much for them to drop him, and his skill-set is so bad no one wants to trade him (at least for the picks and/or money the Broncos would want to recover back). Mike & Mike (ESPN Radio) have made several comments to the tune that Tebow is the most talked about 3rd string QB of all time.

Josh McDaniels. He insisted on trading up to take a mid-2nd round prospect in the first round of the draft. First round draft pick = first round money.

I actually don't mind Tebow. The games he did play in he didn't do that bad. They would really need to work with him to develop his game specific to the Broncos play-set. He's still pretty **** young though and there's a lot of room for development.

I am sure that after he gets arrested for killing someone, or raping a girl, or for drugs, he will be accepted and no one will talk crap about him.

I saw a game last night and the guy cannot do anything well. He was criticized play after play after play. He was sacked, held the ball too long, ran with the ball for 8 yards and a first down, that is why he will never be a QB in the NFL...his first idea is to run instead of going into the progression, he completed a pass for a first down, the ball was not thrown well, incomplete pass, no precision at all.

After a few series I did change the channel. Truly feel sorry for him. There is no way for him to be successful. The showed him in the sidelines talking to the coaches and you can see the pressure in his face. He just lost the joy he had for the game. It is a matter of time before he quits.

I actually don't mind Tebow. The games he did play in he didn't do that bad. They would really need to work with him to develop his game specific to the Broncos play-set. He's still pretty **** young though and there's a lot of room for development.
Did you see him play last night? He got flushed from the pocket from behind, ran forward into his lineman, then ran backwards into the first guy and got sacked. I couldn't watch the second half. I say make him a punt/kick returner. TGFO (Thank God for Orton).

Did you see him play last night? He got flushed from the pocket from behind, ran forward into his lineman, then ran backwards into the first guy and got sacked. I couldn't watch the second half. I say make him a punt/kick returner. TGFO (Thank God for Orton).
I did not but based on what I read here, it doesn't sound good at all. Bummer.

I did not but based on what I read here, it doesn't sound good at all. Bummer.
His delivery is to long. It reminds me of Byron Leftwhich, like he's throwing a baseball pitch. Don't get me wrong, Tebow is an OUTSTANDING person, was arguably one of the best college football players ever, just a crappy NFL quaterback.

Orton...really...must be one of those guys who plays better somewheres else.

Tim Tebow won the Heisman Trophy in 2007. The vast majority of QBs who win the award do not do well in the NFL. Some have, but most do not. It would seem that the Broncos should have gone with the percentages by not drafting him.

^^ I agree!!! The Skins will be better than many think. They're going to have a MUCH better defense this year, and if the offense continues to run like it was showing pre-season....do not get surprised by them!

On Tebow....all I can say is the "Experts" had concerns about Phillip Rivers too, and they ALL thought that taking Mario Williams over Reggie Bush was stupid. Let's not get too caught up on what these "Experts" say.....they're not really all that smart at predicting outcomes.

Josh McDaniels. He insisted on trading up to take a mid-2nd round prospect in the first round of the draft. First round draft pick = first round money.
That's the thing with a draft - it is not based on consensus. A guy that most teams thinks should have gone in Round 3 goes in Round 1 if one team thinks that is what he's worth. Al Davis proves it, every year.

did they hand out the pre-season trophy yet?
I think Detroit won it.
Detroit also had a 4-0 preseason when they went 0-16, a few years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back