Fantasy Football

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dexman PE PMP

Internationally PMP'n his PE-ness
Reaction score
I just signed up for a free Yahoo fantasy football league the other night (had the draft Monday night).

Just curious as to who else is playing.

Get your mom's basement and hot pockets ready!

awjeeznotthisshitagain.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We do a 10-team fun league here at work. My keepers are Arian Foster and Cal Johnson.

I still do a 12-team league at my old office. That one's $50 each... no keepers.

I was really excited during the draft as to which players seemed to fall into place for me. Team seemed really great until afterwards, when I started looking into a starting lineup and found several aren't so great...

The team looks awesome, at least for last year. Not sure how they'll do this year.

My team

Starters:

P. Manning (neck)

Roddy White

Dez Bryant

Wes Welker (neck)

Chris Johnson (holdout)

Steven Jackson

Kellen Winslow

Adam Vinitari

NY Jets D/ST

Bench

Mark Sanchez

Jeremy Maclin (unknown sickness)

Cedric Benson (in Jail + forgot about Palmer not playing = Bengals suck)

Johnny Knox (inconsistant at best)

Michael Crabtree (foot)

Daniel Thomas (rookie RB for Miami)

The advantage of having low expectations is that anything I get out of them would be an improvement I guess...

Edit: I'm tempted to drop Benson in favor of Danny Woodhead from NE. I think I would get consistent #'s from him (although not so great #'s)

I've got:

Brees (NO)

Michael Turner (ATL)

Blount (TB)

McGahee (Den)

Lynch (Sea)

Manningham (NYG)

Ochocinco (NE)

Plaxico (NYJ)

Edwards (SF)

Witten (Dal)

Gates (SD)

Rackers (Hou)

Then i need to get rid of someone and get a D/ST

wil,

I'd probably drop McGahee. Denver looks to be going into another run-by-committee style offense and McGahee will be splitting time with Knowshawn Moreno, and I'm not really sure which one will be the red-zone back right now.

I grabbed him late thinking Moreno was going to get hurt again

Will put him on the short list though

I was really excited during the draft as to which players seemed to fall into place for me. Team seemed really great until afterwards, when I started looking into a starting lineup and found several aren't so great...
The team looks awesome, at least for last year. Not sure how they'll do this year.

My team

Starters:

P. Manning (neck)

Roddy White

Dez Bryant

Wes Welker (neck)

Chris Johnson (holdout)

Steven Jackson

Kellen Winslow

Adam Vinitari

NY Jets D/ST

Bench

Mark Sanchez

Jeremy Maclin (unknown sickness)

Cedric Benson (in Jail + forgot about Palmer not playing = Bengals suck)

Johnny Knox (inconsistant at best)

Michael Crabtree (foot)

Daniel Thomas (rookie RB for Miami)

The advantage of having low expectations is that anything I get out of them would be an improvement I guess...

Edit: I'm tempted to drop Benson in favor of Danny Woodhead from NE. I think I would get consistent #'s from him (although not so great #'s)
That should be a good December team... once everybody gets healthy, serves their jail time, etc.

Also, I see some guys like Knox and Crabtree that you should know about after a few weeks. If they are not performing, you can cut them and make room for waiver wire guys who are.

I started a Pick Ems group for EB.com for College Fball, see COLLEGE FOOTBALL thread

should I start an NFL one? enough interest?

I might join up too.

Here's who I got in our auction draft yesterday:

QB Drew Brees 52

RB Maurice Jones-Drew 51

RB Knowshon Moreno 16

WR Roddy White 46

WR Santonio Holmes 17

TE Owen Daniels 6

D/ST Saints D/ST 1

K Rob Bironas 1

BE Pierre Garcon 4

BE Ryan Fitzpatrick 1

BE Ryan Torain 1

BE Todd Heap 1

BE Chiefs D/ST 1

BE Chester Taylor 1

BE Donald Driver 1

Total: 200

Dammit. I need a new #1 QB, because although Sanchez wins, he doesn't put up good stats.

Manning undergoes additional neck surgery today

I've proposed a couple trades to a couple different teams for Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, or Eli Manning. I think I have a decent trade offer for Ryan though: Matt Ryan + some scrub WR for P. Manning and Dez Bryant, to a team who doesn't really have a good #2 or #3 WR. I have to include P. Manning because I drafted him early enough to be on the "can't cut" list, and I wanted to provide a slot for the other team to pick-up a decent #2 QB (his other QB is Rothlesburger, who is good enough to be a starter)

Dammit. I need a new #1 QB, because although Sanchez wins, he doesn't put up good stats.
Manning undergoes additional neck surgery today

I've proposed a couple trades to a couple different teams for Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, or Eli Manning. I think I have a decent trade offer for Ryan though: Matt Ryan + some scrub WR for P. Manning and Dez Bryant, to a team who doesn't really have a good #2 or #3 WR. I have to include P. Manning because I drafted him early enough to be on the "can't cut" list, and I wanted to provide a slot for the other team to pick-up a decent #2 QB (his other QB is Rothlesburger, who is good enough to be a starter)
Is it a keeper league? If not, then the other guy has no reason to take Manning.

I started a Pick Ems group for EB.com for College Fball, see COLLEGE FOOTBALL thread
should I start an NFL one? enough interest?
I'd do a pick 'em, but am already in a confidence pool with 60 or so people a guy at my FIL's job started that spread to friends and family. They're mostly in WA, so I think they all had a collective orgasm last year when Lynch pulled off that run against NO. As opposed to us poor folks who got an ice pick to the dick during that Pats playoff barf fest.

I like those much better than picking the spread.

Awesome, my team lost, but only by 4 points, so really they won. Yay...

Back