Earthquake Anyone

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my first was a couple years ago. well it was one larger one then 2 aftershocks. I was in an elevator for one of the aftershock ones...crazy.

Funny Va 'quake reactions...

"In LA we rock our babies with 6.3s. 5.9 was nothing so settle down New York"

"OK. Even God is pissed off at Washington now"

"Clearly, this is a sign God wants more budget cuts and austerity"

I'm pissed. Missed my first earthquake. I was driving back from a project site and felt nothing.

I did get back into the building and greet everyone with the ... "Hey! What's shakin?"

I didn't feel anything here, but Mrs. Ble felt the floor shaking at home. I still haven't felt an earthquake, not that I'm complaining.

Major Highway said:
First one for me, it was uncomfortable, but I wouldn't say scary. One of the guys in my office used to live in Cali, and he was the first to yell... "Earthquake, stand under the door frames."
He probably expected it to get worse.

Of course, you realize - it COULD be a foreshock for a nastier quake. And then all of us joking about it will feel bad.

But not for long. I mean, some of these jokes are just GOLD.

If they had an earthquake that swallowed up a joint session of congress while the POTUS was speaking I would then start going to church (more often)

Felt it in Atlanta.

Everyone scoffed at me when I said, Hey I think that was an earthquake.

Five minutes later, it came over the news-wire and they still denied me.

It was a very subtle rocking, but I felt it.

Felt it in Atlanta.
Everyone scoffed at me when I said, Hey I think that was an earthquake.

Five minutes later, it came over the news-wire and they still denied me.

It was a very subtle rocking, but I felt it.
are you sure that wasn't your neighbor passing gas? <_<

I felt one about 3 or 4 years ago in Louisville. I was asleep and was awakened to some pretty decent movement. I thought I had dreamed it until I saw the news reports the next morning.

There is a fault line near the corner of Kentucky, Tennessee, and Missouri (New Madrid fault). In 1811 and 1812, there were a series of large quakes (7.0 to 8.6) in the area that were felt as far away as Washington DC.

I see that there are some concerns that the Washington Monument might be tilting.
Fox news publicity stunt. Two Fox reporters and a so called seismic expert hired by Fox too are the only ones saying that.

BASHTARDS!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I felt one about 3 or 4 years ago in Louisville. I was asleep and was awakened to some pretty decent movement. I thought I had dreamed it until I saw the news reports the next morning.
There is a fault line near the corner of Kentucky, Tennessee, and Missouri (New Madrid fault). In 1811 and 1812, there were a series of large quakes (7.0 to 8.6) in the area that were felt as far away as Washington DC.
Thats the same one i felt. The center was near west salem, IL

I work near a quarry, so I disregard any tremors. My wife said a table lamp in the computer room was trembling pretty good. She attributed it to a truck driving by until she heard the news.

Back