Structural Depth Reference Manual

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMiller

Reaction score
I am taking the Civil/Structural exam in October. I have electronic copies of all of the required codes, (AISC, ASCE, IBC, NDS, ACI, etc.) however, i noticed that the Structural Depth Reference Manual also covers all of the codes. Has anyone used this reference? I don't mind spending the $100 if it makes it more convenient to find the information I need the day of the test. Being that the versions I have are electronic they will be upwards of 300 pages each to print out and bind. If I could purchase this and have all of the info in one centralized location it would be very helpful. Thank you for your input.

-Andrew Miller

I have the "Structural Depth Reference Manual for the Civil PE Exam, second edition" by Alan Williams. I found it helpful for examples, etc., but NOT as a replacement to the codes. The book is somewhat small, and there is no way they can fit everything that you might need from the codes, into this book. If you can swing it, I would go ahead and get it to see what you think. But I would definitely take all of the codes to the exam, if you are taking the Structural depth portion.

I am taking the Civil/Structural exam in October. I have electronic copies of all of the required codes, (AISC, ASCE, IBC, NDS, ACI, etc.) however, i noticed that the Structural Depth Reference Manual also covers all of the codes. Has anyone used this reference? I don't mind spending the $100 if it makes it more convenient to find the information I need the day of the test. Being that the versions I have are electronic they will be upwards of 300 pages each to print out and bind. If I could purchase this and have all of the info in one centralized location it would be very helpful. Thank you for your input.
-Andrew Miller

Hi Andrew,

Can you please contact me at [email protected]. I might be able to help you out.

Hi Andrew,

I am planning to take the PE in October 2012. Can u pls. give me an electronic copy of ACI and NDS. So I can bind it and study for the test.

Thank you

Regards

Hi Andrew,

I believe that having the codes during the exam is mandatory, and it worth to print out your electronic copies, It's exactly what I am going to do!

I also take the Oct. 2012 exam. It is great if you could send your electronic copies, particularly ACI318-08 and NDS. I don't have theses codes. my email: [email protected].

Thank you,

Peyman

AMiller,

Would you like to share how you studied for the structural PM session.

-Andrew Miller
Did you end up getting the Structural Depth Reference Manual? Did it help?

Yes I did, I purchased two books, the Structural Depth Ref. Manual and the Structural Engineering Ref. Manual. The SERM is a little more complete than the SDRM, but also includes topics not covered on the PM Structural portion. I would recommend anyone taking the Civil/Structural PE have at least one of the books. if you have your choice, the SERM is probably better, but SDRM will do. I have also used the SERM many times since taking the exam. If you are interested I have the SDRM for sale in the Yardsale Section. Or you can message me and I will let you know details. Thanks and good luck.

Back