vg1 = unadjusted demand flow rate on the single lane in the lane group with the highest volume

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jco0518

laborer
Reaction score
I am trying to understand how they come up with vg1 value in attached slide. Anyone? Thanks in advance...

I am trying to understand how they come up with vg1 value in attached slide. Anyone? Thanks in advance...

I don't see anything attached?
The EB thru traffic is 620 vph for 2 lanes (rate passing thru the intersection). The LT rate is 65 vph which is shared by the left lane of the thru traffic before the intersection. Therefore the vg1 at the intersection = unadjusted demand flow on heaviest lane in group = 620 /2 + 65 = 375 vph.

I don't see anything attached?
The EB thru traffic is 620 vph for 2 lanes (rate passing thru the intersection). The LT rate is 65 vph which is shared by the left lane of the thru traffic before the intersection. Therefore the vg1 at the intersection = unadjusted demand flow on heaviest lane in group = 620 /2 + 65 = 375 vph.
THANK YOU

Back