jfwalters

seismic exam prep class Sacramento

jfwalters    0

Hello:

I missed registration ofr Hiner Live class this fall

Any recommendation for other classes in Sacramento

Thanks

jfwalters    0

Actually I was browsing and saw this EET (www.eet-california.com) live class in Sacramento. Any input?.

They published pdf of their course manual on-line. I read through it, and looked very good. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

jfwalters

ptatohed    570

Have you considered Hiner's on-demand webinars?

jfwalters    0

Hi There. Thanks for your input.

I donot like Webinars. Structure is not my area either,

That's why I want live class with a teacher to interact with back and forth

I contacted the instructor for EET and he sent me pdf of 6 chapters of the manual he teaches.

They looked like Hiner's quality.

Thanks

JFW

ptatohed    570

I contacted the instructor for EET and he sent me pdf of 6 chapters of the manual he teaches.

Thanks

JFW

jfw, I see. I too dislike structures and Seismic is totally not my thing. But having passed the Survey and 8 hour, my motivation level is so incredibly elevated, I am making myself study. Almost every single night (no less than 5 days per week, and for 2-3 hours per night) I am pushing through the Hiner workbook. I read the whole thing once and am now in the Chapt 6 multiple choice problems. As intimidating as Seismic seemed, it's not that bad when you take it page by page, question by question. I'm too cheap to spend $500 on a class so hopefully my self study plan will work. Good luck to you.

Hey, could I trouble you for a copy of those 6 chapters? I'd like to see how it compares to Hiner. Thanks. ptatohed @ netzero.net

jfwalters    0

Thanks

JFW

jfw, I see. I too dislike structures and Seismic is totally not my thing. But having passed the Survey and 8 hour, my motivation level is so incredibly elevated, I am making myself study. Almost every single night (no less than 5 days per week, and for 2-3 hours per night) I am pushing through the Hiner workbook. I read the whole thing once and am now in the Chapt 6 multiple choice problems. As intimidating as Seismic seemed, it's not that bad when you take it page by page, question by question. I'm too cheap to spend $500 on a class so hopefully my self study plan will work. Good luck to you.

Hey, could I trouble you for a copy of those 6 chapters? I'd like to see how it compares to Hiner. Thanks. ptatohed @ netzero.net

Hi Ptatohed:

With this dedication, I am sure you will do well. Good luck. For me, I am in construction, and this is my first time so I need to go through it with a teacher, at least once.

I sent you email with the info. I believe you can print 3 or 4 chapters from his website as well. Thanks. Jfw

jfwalters    0

Thanks

JFW

Hi Ptatohed:

With this dedication, I am sure you will do well. Good luck. For me, I am in construction, and this is my first time so I need to go through it with a teacher, at least once.

I sent you email with the info. I believe you can print 3 or 4 chapters from his website as well. Thanks. Jfw

jfwalters    0

Hi Folks:

I just got the word from PE Board email, seismic exam is on Thursday Oct 27

"

The Traffic Engineer, California Civil - Seismic Principles, California Civil -

Engineering Surveying, and California Structural Engineering Seismic (Legacy -

CSESE) exams will be administered on THURSDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2011.

In addition, the "doors open" time for the California Civil - Seismic Principles

exam has been changed to 7:00 A.M., and the "doors open" time for the

California Civil - Engineering Surveying exam has been changed to 11:30 A.M.

"

ptatohed    570
Hi Folks:

I just got the word from PE Board email, seismic exam is on Thursday Oct 27

"

The Traffic Engineer, California Civil - Seismic Principles, California Civil -

Engineering Surveying, and California Structural Engineering Seismic (Legacy -

CSESE) exams will be administered on THURSDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2011.

In addition, the "doors open" time for the California Civil - Seismic Principles

exam has been changed to 7:00 A.M., and the "doors open" time for the

California Civil - Engineering Surveying exam has been changed to 11:30 A.M.

"

Holy Cow, you are right. From the usual Sat moved up to a Thu. http://www.pels.ca.gov/applicants/exam_sch...e_changes.shtml

jf, I think this is worthy of a new thread. Could you start one? Thanks.

jfwalters    0

After it sank-in. I think it is not a bad idea.

studying well for seismic and surveying, before 8hrs in Friday which is a guessing game anyway!!

jf

ptatohed    570
After it sank-in. I think it is not a bad idea.

studying well for seismic and surveying, before 8hrs in Friday which is a guessing game anyway!!

jf

That's o.k. There is no need to try to pass all three at once. Keep up your studying for one or two topics. I have been passing one exam at a time with Seismic being the third, expected to pass this Oct '11. I study for Seismic almost every night and last night I finished Hiner Chapt 14 (of 15 chapts) multiple choice probs and will finish the final Chapt 15 probs tonight! I really hope I pass this Oct and get my PE and never have to do this again. :) Good luck.

ptatohed    570

jfw, how did you like this EET Seismic class? I have actually formed a very close relationship with the instructor Ahmed, via e-mail. Awesome guy. I wasn't even taking his class and he helped me a lot. He asked me to be a 'reviewer' for his to-be-published book which was kind of cool (I have about 2 chapters left). Great guy, so I assume great class.

Did you pass the Seismic exam?

jfwalters    0

Hi Ptatohed:

Yes I did, from the first time, to my surprise. I am a construction guy, so I expected to do well in Surveying not Seismic. Well. It was the opposite.

You are talking about Ahmed. Ahh..... he is a great instructor. He went out of his way to help me and almost everyone in the class to make sure I pass the test. After we finished the class he gave us extra one solving exam problems and showing us tips for the exam. I guess it worked for me.

We had two gals in the class that took Hiner before (I did not) and they said he teaches way better than Hiner.

Congratulations. I saw you got your P.E. Awesome.

jfw

ptatohed    570

Hi Ptatohed:

Yes I did, from the first time, to my surprise. I am a construction guy, so I expected to do well in Surveying not Seismic. Well. It was the opposite.

You are talking about Ahmed. Ahh..... he is a great instructor. He went out of his way to help me and almost everyone in the class to make sure I pass the test. After we finished the class he gave us extra one solving exam problems and showing us tips for the exam. I guess it worked for me.

We had two gals in the class that took Hiner before (I did not) and they said he teaches way better than Hiner.

Congratulations. I saw you got your P.E. Awesome.

jfw

Hey jfw,

Congrats on passing Seismic first try! That was a tough one for me. Good for you. So you now have Survey to pass? What about the 8-hr? Are you taking the exam(s) this week (Apr '12)?

Glad to hear that Ahmed was a good instructor and put on a good class. I don't doubt that at all. Really cool guy.

Yes, I did get my P.E., thanks. I finally passed that stubborn Seismic! It's a good feeling.

Best of luck!