Online exam prep courses

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

svcetiquette

Reaction score
Good afternoon all,

Thanks to everyone who devotes their time on this forum making life easier for the rest of us who are pursuing licensure! I am planning on testing in October and after going through the MERM, am looking for a prep course to help organize my studying efforts.

I am working in a long-term position over in Abu Dhabi, limiting me to an online format. I mainly wanted to ask which online course seems to be the most beneficial - the ppi course seems to have had mixed reviews; the civils love the School of PE courses, but the time difference means I wouldn't be able to attend the streaming live workshops. Thanks for any insight!

Todd

Good afternoon all,Thanks to everyone who devotes their time on this forum making life easier for the rest of us who are pursuing licensure! I am planning on testing in October and after going through the MERM, am looking for a prep course to help organize my studying efforts.

I am working in a long-term position over in Abu Dhabi, limiting me to an online format. I mainly wanted to ask which online course seems to be the most beneficial - the ppi course seems to have had mixed reviews; the civils love the School of PE courses, but the time difference means I wouldn't be able to attend the streaming live workshops. Thanks for any insight!

Todd
I didn't take any online courses nor did I take the classroom type course to prepare. I did get the NCEES study test (I think it's $40 or $45) and I took it under the actual test time constraints to help identify any areas wher I needed to focus. I also purches the ASME test (about $100) but having taken these actual PE test I would not recommend that you use the ASME test as I did not find it very representative of what I saw this past April. From there, I identified the subjects that I needed to study and used the MERM problem book to tune up those areas. Whatever you decide, best of luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got an email today from PPI for the CD-rom Mechanical review sessions. 10% off using coupon code MMJJ1.

Order has to be placed before 7/14/11 though.

Been thinking about this one. I would like to see previews of it though.

Just got an email today from PPI for the CD-rom Mechanical review sessions. 10% off using coupon code MMJJ1.
Order has to be placed before 7/14/11 though.

Been thinking about this one. I would like to see previews of it though.
Let me know how the CD-rom Mechanical review session looks - I thought it looked too basic to be useful

Back