New member from TN

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaosiscash

Subcontractor
Reaction score
I've been checking out the board for a while, figured I'd go ahead and sign up. Ya'll seem to be a lot more relaxed over here, which is more my style. I took the PE back in October (EE-Power), and, like everyone else, am waiting on results. At this point I think I'd rather find out after Christmas, rather not ruin it. Anyway, its good to be here.

Chaos

:wel

I have enjoyed interacting with everyone here, unlike the "other forum" :"the other board": :die: where you can be sure to get a lecture about having questionable integrity.

JR

Hey, Welcome alas another EE-Power person. What kinda work do you do? :wel

US EE Folks deserve more :resp

I'm a subcontractor, which basically means I'm a consultant to a prime contractor for the government.

Most of the work I am doing right now is D&D. We're tearing down what was the largest building in the world during WWII. But I've done a little of everything, from new construction to field tech support. Basically, I go where the money is.

I noticed that EEs on this board were few and far between, but thats no real surprise. I know when I took the PE there were at least 120 people in the room but only 8 were EE.

I am on the other side ... I work for a state government Agency. Monitoring guys like you, that are looking for extras and trying to tell us that what we want is not in the specs.

I am at a waste water treatment facility. The place is really cool ... I like it because it is core engineering stuff. We have conostruction, M&O and a Design division. We have all sorts of equipment from pumps that do about 60 MGD to Boilers, valves, all types of switch gear, blah, blah, blah.

Take Care ... and :wel again.

I'm an electrical guy too, I work on the contracting side. Wastewater is really cool but I haven't been involved in one myself, over the last few years I have been involved in a few jails/prisons which are an interesting place. (I definitely enjoy going home every night).

I plan on taking the Architectural Engineering PE exam in spring and I would be surprised if more than 2 take it from this state this year. (There are currently only 11 registered in this state, partially because the exam is so new). And you thought people talking the EE were rare :D

Welcome Chaos, jd, & ritchie.

It is great to have some more EE people here. :thumbsup:

I passed the EE-power in April.

Have been working for a utility company for the past 15 years in design.

:wel :wel :wel

Welcome. I'm a new member myself. My area is Mechanical Engineering. In which, my specialty is Nuclear equipment. In particular, pressure relief valves. Anyways... :wel

^ You missed the time when my pressure relief valve broke. The mods musta spent weeks cleaning up after that.

Welcome.  I'm a new member myself.  My area is Mechanical Engineering.  In which, my specialty is Nuclear equipment.  In particular, pressure relief valves.  Anyways... :wel
I just visited a nuclear power plant facility - I was stunned by the enormity of the operation. I got the full tour including access to the Radiation Control Areas (RCAs). Seeing the spent fuel rods was kinda the highlight - pretty cobalt-like blue glow. :true:

Cool work - I have been thinking about cross training. :thumbsup:

JR

Most of the work I am doing right now is D&D. We're tearing down what was the largest building in the world during WWII. But I've done a little of everything, from new construction to field tech support. Basically, I go where the money is.
I just put two and two together. I know where your at and which company you work with. I have family down there with that company (in-laws), I sent ya a PM.

Welcome.  I'm a new member myself.  My area is Mechanical Engineering.  In which, my specialty is Nuclear equipment.  In particular, pressure relief valves.  Anyways... :wel
Welcome. I do a little nuclear stuff myself, or rather, I work around some nuclear facilities. The nuclear stuff can be kinda interesting, but the rigor in the paperwork can be a big pain. Anyway, :wel to you too.

Chaos

Back