Transportation PM Important Subjects

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jco0518

laborer
Reaction score
Hi there:

I failed april trans depth with 49/80. My diagnnostics show that i sucked in traffic analysis, traffic safety and transportation planning. I was wondering if anyone can show me some direction to get myself better at these topics. I bought ITE Traffic Engineering Manual and Noel & Garber book. Thanks in advance.

I recommend The All in One Guide by Goswami. It definitely helped me pass on my second try. Do a search on the boards....there's lots of info about it.

I went through the HCM, MUTCD and RSDG to familiarize myself with where everything was at. I also spent time working HCM related problems to make sure I could get through any analysis type problems

I would also obtain the Six-minute Solution book which goes through problems that refer to the Green Book and the HCM.

If you look at the NCEES Outline for Transportation, you will notice a majority of the afternoon portion comprises of Geometric Design. You should be able to do horizontal and vertical curves as if they were second nature with minimal errors and be able to do them quickly. Be prepared for every aspect of Transportation as you may encounter a wide variety of questions.

If you look at the NCEES Outline for Transportation, you will notice a majority of the afternoon portion comprises of Geometric Design. You should be able to do horizontal and vertical curves as if they were second nature with minimal errors and be able to do them quickly. Be prepared for every aspect of Transportation as you may encounter a wide variety of questions.
thank you all.

To me, the title of your thread doesn't exactly match the question you ask in your first post. But, to piggy back on maximus, I'd strongly suggest you look at the NCEES syllabus outline listing the exam topics. Pay attention to the % each topic makes up of the test. Hit the high % topics hard. Second, hit the easier of the lower % topics. Lastly, study the lower % harder topics. Good luck. http://www.ncees.org/Exams/PE_exam.php

Back