Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yw100

CA Traffic Engineering Exam

2 posts in this topic

Hello, There is no exam format on the pels website or any sample questions available, for the California Traffic Engineering Exam. The information provided are a list of 15 reference materials and a test plan on the subject covered. Is the test comparable to Civil PE Transportation Discipline? I am starting with HCM, MUTCD, AASHTO Greenbook, Caltrans Manuals, ITE Traffic Engineering Handbook, and Trip Generation. There may not be time for the other books. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
Hello, There is no exam format on the pels website or any sample questions available, for the California Traffic Engineering Exam. The information provided are a list of 15 reference materials and a test plan on the subject covered. Is the test comparable to Civil PE Transportation Discipline? I am starting with HCM, MUTCD, AASHTO Greenbook, Caltrans Manuals, ITE Traffic Engineering Handbook, and Trip Generation. There may not be time for the other books. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I suspect the format is that of the 8-Hour, Survey, Seismic, etc. Ex. Multiple choice, 4 answer choices. You mentioned there is a test plan available from the state's website. There you go. That's key. Good luck.