PE Exam Location

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chess5329

Reaction score
Has somebody else notice they change the test location for San Diego area, Convention Center instead of Del Mar?

Has somebody else notice they change the test location for San Diego area, Convention Center instead of Del Mar?
Confirmed. The Convention Center is a much better venue. Better food choices, better parking, better testing conditions...same grumpy proctors though.

Confirmed. The Convention Center is a much better venue. Better food choices, better parking, better testing conditions...same grumpy proctors though.

Thanks, Xavier.

I tought it was a mistake, Why you think they change the location.......would this mean we are more applicants?

Thanks, Xavier.

I tought it was a mistake, Why you think they change the location.......would this mean we are more applicants?
It's only a guess, but NCEES probably received several complaints. As much as we complain about the PE testing and grading process, NCEES does listen to our complaints. I know the last exam date, there were issues with the sun coming through the skylights. A guy sitting at the desk in front of me was complaining that the sun was blinding him, but the proctors would not let him move.

Of course it could always be financial since that seems to make the world turn. In either case, as I said before, the Convention Center is a much better venue.

Thanks, Xavier.

It's only a guess, but NCEES probably received several complaints. As much as we complain about the PE testing and grading process, NCEES does listen to our complaints. I know the last exam date, there were issues with the sun coming through the skylights. A guy sitting at the desk in front of me was complaining that the sun was blinding him, but the proctors would not let him move.

Of course it could always be financial since that seems to make the world turn. In either case, as I said before, the Convention Center is a much better venue.
The Board was notified that Del Mar Fairgrounds were unavailable for those dates and Convention Center was only site available. NCEES is not involved in the exam site.

Thanks, Xavier.

The Board was notified that Del Mar Fairgrounds were unavailable for those dates and Convention Center was only site available. NCEES is not involved in the exam site.
...and then there's that.

Back