States Requiring Only PE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoni

Reaction score
Hi,

I passed the 8 hr national PE Exam as well as the state specific seismic, but did not pass surveying. Does anyone know if I can apply for a PE stamp in different states?

Thanks,

Jonathan

If memory serves, you are only allowed to apply for comity if you get your PE. You can't just transfer to another state that doesn't require surveying.

I believe if you wanted to transfer to another state then you would have to retake the PE portion of the test in that state, and once you got your PE there you could take it and transfer to other states that doesn't require state specific..

All in all, I think it will be easier for you to just take surveying again and pass it :)

If memory serves, you are only allowed to apply for comity if you get your PE. You can't just transfer to another state that doesn't require surveying.
I believe if you wanted to transfer to another state then you would have to retake the PE portion of the test in that state, and once you got your PE there you could take it and transfer to other states that doesn't require state specific..

All in all, I think it will be easier for you to just take surveying again and pass it :)
If you passed the NCEES 8 hour exam for the PE, most states will accept that, however that means you are only licensed to practice in those states, but cannot call yourself a PE in CA until you meet CA's requirements. In Texas for example they require the NCEES PE exam and their state ethics exam to become a PE.

Back