Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
navyasw02

Post PE - What next?

5 posts in this topic

So now that the PE is over and that box is checked, what are the other good certifications/career achievements to get? My wife is trying to convince me to get my PMP with her, but I dont see much value in it since I already have a Masters in Engineering Management. A friend of mine has a LEED certification, but I wont use that in my military career at all. What else is good to get and have on the resume?

So now that the PE is over and that box is checked, what are the other good certifications/career achievements to get? My wife is trying to convince me to get my PMP with her, but I dont see much value in it since I already have a Masters in Engineering Management. A friend of mine has a LEED certification, but I wont use that in my military career at all. What else is good to get and have on the resume?

The associate of energy engineers has a variety of marketable certifications in energy management, etc. Expensive though!

https://www.aeecenter.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageID=3330

If you're into energy modeling, having a PE is a pre-req to taking ASHRAE's BEMP exam... That's likely in my distant future (focusing on getting my AE PE now).

I'm going to take the CRE (Certified Reliability Engineer) sometime this year. It looks fairly trivial compared to the PE. I took the PE five years ago, and have been planning to take this but keep putting it off because I don't want to spend the money. I am in a regulatory/reliability type position and have to testidfy in hearings frequently. A lot of the people the oppostion bring in have PEs and this CRE tacked onto their names - so it appears to matter in some places. Not sure if my employer would pay for it though. They generaly only pay for real PE licensure exams.