Has anyone contacted the Alabama State Board?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Callan74

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has contacted the Alabama State Board? On the front page of the website they say they will post in the blue Special Announcements box when the results are mailed. They seem to be pretty open with test info..just curious if they have actaully received results from NCEES.

I was just wondering if anyone has contacted the Alabama State Board? On the front page of the website they say they will post in the blue Special Announcements box when the results are mailed. They seem to be pretty open with test info..just curious if they have actaully received results from NCEES.
I doubt they've received anything yet. NCEES said they weren't releasing results until this week. Somehow I can't see them getting them out this fast considering they didn't work yesterday. Hopefully sooner rather than later!

They do a pretty good job of keeping the blue box updated. The only concern that I have with bama right now is the box hasn't been updated about FE results and they went out before Christmas. I'm not sure if they are just waitng and sending them all out at once or what but why would they have sent the surveyors info out already. I'll keep checking that blue box and when it finally changes i'll check the mail box.

I'm less concerned that they've recieved results yet than I am that they will not extend the January 15 deadline to reapply for the April exam. Additionally, the Alabama board's website says that exam fees will increase by $50 on January 11. Normally, we would have known something by now and had ample time not only to submit our reapplication packet but to get everything in before the fees increased. This time, we are going to be lucky to have test results by the time the reapplication deadline arrives.

Rest assured if I don't have a passing letter in my hand and miss the deadlines I'll be calling to provide someone with a few choice words.

I'm less concerned that they've recieved results yet than I am that they will not extend the January 15 deadline to reapply for the April exam. Additionally, the Alabama board's website says that exam fees will increase by $50 on January 11. Normally, we would have known something by now and had ample time not only to submit our reapplication packet but to get everything in before the fees increased. This time, we are going to be lucky to have test results by the time the reapplication deadline arrives.
Rest assured if I don't have a passing letter in my hand and miss the deadlines I'll be calling to provide someone with a few choice words.
I am with you on the fee situation. I will be one unhappy alabamian if this comes true and someone will know about it.

I guess the one good thing Colorado does is your registration is good for two years from the date of your registration or the date of the last exam failure. We don't have to re-register with the state, just keep sending money to NCEES if we don't pass.

Alabama mailed out the FE Results on Monday December 27, 2010. They gonna update the box this week or the first week in January 2011.

So has anybody contacted the Alabama board to see if they have even bothered to download the PE results??? I'm completely fed up with waiting around for results. :brickwall:

So has anybody contacted the Alabama board to see if they have even bothered to download the PE results??? I'm completely fed up with waiting around for results. :brickwall:
I choose to leave'em alone. They are pretty good about getting them out when they come in. They might have gotten them in enough time to send them out today, if not I bet they will be in your mailbox NYE.

I choose to leave'em alone. They are pretty good about getting them out when they come in. They might have gotten them in enough time to send them out today, if not I bet they will be in your mailbox NYE.
If the FE results (released by NCEES this time last week) are any indication, we can expect the board office to mail our results next Monday. That means that for most of us we can't expect results to arrive in our mailboxes any sooner than one week from today. That is unless the board puts a few results in the mail daily as they get them ready and then posts the "mailed date" on the website as the date they mailed the last of the results. Overall, thanks to Alabama's backward processes, we are all still waiting.

I don't know if this helps, I got my fe results today, and I passed!

I ALSO don't know if PE results are released electronically or if they are snail mailed like FE results but I bet they are... bass ackwards Alabama...

I got my results fairly quickly though, so I would bank on 2 business days after PE results are finalized to receive them, if you are still in Alabama that is.

If the FE results (released by NCEES this time last week) are any indication, we can expect the board office to mail our results next Monday. That means that for most of us we can't expect results to arrive in our mailboxes any sooner than one week from today. That is unless the board puts a few results in the mail daily as they get them ready and then posts the "mailed date" on the website as the date they mailed the last of the results. Overall, thanks to Alabama's backward processes, we are all still waiting.
I think they (state board) got the FE results later in the day on that Tuesday and they have a lot more FE results to process and send out. I think the only snag to us getting them on Friday would be if they have alot of employees taking vacation this week. I am still holding out hope for this year. If they go out tonight (leave Montgomery) they will be in your box tomorrow. It all depends on if they get them sorted today, but they won't let them trickle out. It will be all at once so everyone will get them the same day. Good luck!

I called the board this morning, and the lady told me "we received the results yesterday, and we are working on it right now" when i asked if they would get them out before the new year. So...there's a big maybe.

I called the board this morning, and the lady told me "we received the results yesterday, and we are working on it right now" when i asked if they would get them out before the new year. So...there's a big maybe.
That's good stuff. If they started working on them yesterday we maybe in pretty good shape. Thanks for the update.

This is encouraging news. As no-one will be working on Friday, I'm guessing that staff will post the results by snail mail on Monday. We should know our results by Wed or Thursday of next week.

So glad that the results are definately in the mail. Only problem is I'm now officially anxious as hell. Good luck Bama PE test takers. :mail-296:

Back