Hello from California

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sleepy

Reaction score
I stumbled upon this forum about a week ago, but wanted to wait till I found out about the EIT result to say hi (...or not!!! hahah)

Just want to say hi to everyone here and thank everyone for helping me with the login into the NCEES website earlier today...WOW, that was a pain!!! I cancelled both lunch and dinner with friends today because there was no automation for hitting the stubborn result link every 20 minutes in my laptop.

But I am pleased to say that I passed and I want to congrats to all the lovely people here on passing the exams (FE, PE, FS, LEED...etc...) I will come here often for my LEED, GRE, PE ...and God knows what other exams they will come out with in the next 5 years D:

For those who did not pass, please don't give up!!! Spend more time studying and I am sure you will do better next time.

Merry Christmas to everyone in the house!!!

All the best,

Sleepy

Hi, Sleepy. Glad you are not up at this time worrying about passing. Congratulations. Glad to have you here and we definitely hope you stick around. Have a great day. :)

Hi, Sleepy. Glad you are not up at this time worrying about passing. Congratulations. Glad to have you here and we definitely hope you stick around. Have a great day. :)
Hi Mary,

Thank you for the welcome!!!

haha I am about to say...Is Sleepy the only sleepless soul here. It's almost 4 am where I am...

I think I really should go to bed.

You have a great day too!!!

Gnite

Well, I'm in the office starting my day. Good night. Sweet dreams. And, congrats again.

Hi Mary,

haha I am about to say...Is Sleepy the only sleepless soul here. It's almost 4 am where I am...

Gnite
No Sleepy I'm here too! I'm waiting for the State-Specific California results since I'm already a Florida P.E.

Hi Mary,

Gnite
No Sleepy I'm here too! I'm waiting for the State-Specific California results since I'm already a Florida P.E.
Which state-specific California result are you waiting for if you are already a Florida PE?

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean the seismic and survey? hehe I just passed my EIT, haven't thought about PE yet...still have a long way to go..

but goodluck and I hope you get your results soon!!!

waiting is painful..doesn't matter what we are waiting for...

You mean the seismic and survey? hehe I just passed my EIT, haven't thought about PE yet...still have a long way to go..but goodluck and I hope you get your results soon!!!

Exactly, Seismic & Surveying. I feel confident on the Seismic (since I've done work in Puerto Rico and in California) but surveying has me sweating. I've worked only in structures since graduating and don't get the Surveying requirement (since I haven't done surveying since my freshman year course in 1993).. But still, trying to be positive on that one.

You mean the seismic and survey? hehe I just passed my EIT, haven't thought about PE yet...still have a long way to go..but goodluck and I hope you get your results soon!!!

Exactly, Seismic & Surveying. I feel confident on the Seismic (since I've done work in Puerto Rico and in California) but surveying has me sweating. I've worked only in structures since graduating and don't get the Surveying requirement (since I haven't done surveying since my freshman year course in 1993).. But still, trying to be positive on that one.
ahhhh, I heard surveying "should" be the easier part. Hope you pass.

I love seismic...and i think that's what I want to go into (earthquake engineering /seismic risk mitigation...etc) I did two years of undergrad seismic design competition and hope to continue the same path. But my last internship was with a transportation/civil firm and I enjoyed the experience a lot also...

I want to work for a few years before going back to school for a master degree. But that depends if I will an entry-level job in the next six months or not. Hopefully it won't take longer than that since I'm open to relocate anywhere!!!

ahhhh, I heard surveying "should" be the easier part. Hope you pass.

I love seismic...and i think that's what I want to go into (earthquake engineering /seismic risk mitigation...etc) I did two years of undergrad seismic design competition and hope to continue the same path. But my last internship was with a transportation/civil firm and I enjoyed the experience a lot also...

I want to work for a few years before going back to school for a master degree. But that depends if I will an entry-level job in the next six months or not. Hopefully it won't take longer than that since I'm open to relocate anywhere!!!
I'm currently with a California-based firm in the Miami office, tyrying to scare up some work here, but it seems a lot of the stuff I'm doing is overflow from the West Coast (California, Arizona). That was my motivation in taking the exam.

Back